Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

Do you go through the drive-thru on your bike?

• Yes, I do (who cares.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, man, it's kind of weird on a bike.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never seen a biker going through the Drive thru until my co-worker who is also a rider stated he does that and it's no big deal. Well, i decided to do so as well at my local Jack in the Box. Well, ordered and got my food and placed it in my tank bag but the attendant gave me a dirty look (I'm not sure if it because of my Sarachu loud exhaust or what??) Probably I'm the first guy she served on a bike......I'm just wondering if it's weird or not practical....

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
the only reason i havent done it is because i dont really have a place to hold the food/drink that i get.

ive gone through a drive through carryout kinda place on my bike a couple times though.

R

·
0 Posts
I haven't done it, but only because there is no easy place to stash the food. If I'm stopping on the way home from work I have my lunch cooler, but that is on the rear rack so I might as well walk in. Besides, there is no such thing as fast food in South Carolina, they are all Soooooo Slooooooooowwwwww........

Rich

·
Registered
59 Posts
The only time I really get drive-thru food is from Dunkin Donuts in the mornings. That being said, it's really difficult to drink coffee with my full-face helmet, one hand close to the clutch, and one hand on the throttle ... So, when I need a caffeine fix and I'm on the bike, I just walk in.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I don't eat fast food unless I'm out with friends so we walk in anyway. But if I were to go on a bike I'd have no problem. Wouldn't be able to eat of course, but I can at least take it with me. I do stop at the ATM on the bike all the time.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
McDee's drive-thru all the time, i slide stuff to the rear of the JR Manta tankbag, set the large Dr Pepper in there and zip it up semi tight around it, while the food bag I just shove down my jacket (my house is about a mile away)
I also kill the motor at the mic and windows so i can hear em w/ the helmet on.
TacoBell 7 layer burritos travel well also.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
omninate said:
it's really difficult to drink coffee with my full-face helmet, one hand close to the clutch, and one hand on the throttle ...
methinks you need to integrate this:

into your helmet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You guys need a cupholder mounted on the bike. I actually have two, but one is on the rear mounted crate.

Cost about 79 cents, and can be very handy! You can also see where my Bible is kept on my dash (sometimes).

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
ou can also see where my Bible is kept on my dash (sometimes).
thats where i kept my garage door opener, until one day i hit a pothole and it flew off. i watched it bounce up out of there, hit the tank and hit the ground, and as i was looking back, a truck behind me ran it over and smashed it into a billion pieces lol.

ive seen a few bikes with cupholders. if im going on a lil trip or something, ill usually fill up a camelbak with icewater.

also, whats that gray thing on the left next to your watch?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thats my SigmaSport BC1200 digital speedometer. I think I had a post about installing and using it on here somewhere. It runs on a magnet stuck on the brake disk and the circumference of the front wheel . Its designed for bicycles, but works up to 150mph or more. Its *way* more accurate than the analog speedo.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
i have a similar setup for my gauge i got. i havent installed it yet.

here is my query though... if it determines the speed by the circumference of the wheel, how does it know how far out from the center you have the magnet mounted? if i have a 16 inch wheel, with a 9 rotor, and you have a 16 inch wheel with a 6 inch rotor, then yours is making a smaller circle, as its closer to the center and wouldnt it read faster?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
no, all points will pass a given line at the same time, some will be going faster to get there thats all.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
me = retarded...

that should have been plainly obvious to me, but for some reason i kept thinking about how 2 points on the same circle will be moving at different speeds...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts