Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just adjusted the valve clearance on my ex and i'd like to see how it runs, but.. the only antifreeze i have is in a blue bottle, and the labels worn off, i was wondering what the chances are that it isnt safe for aluminum engines, i have absolutely no way of telling what it is, it was bought for a regular car, its still sealed, im just not sure whether or not its safe, would it be alright to run the bike at all with out antifreeze (just a min or two on the centerstand) or would that trash the water pump, this sounds really bad , but i cant afford to go out and buy new antifreeze at the time (yeah im that broke) so im trying to get by with what i have haha

·
Registered
19,362 Posts
Go for it, your not old enough to have bought anything that woulden't have had corosion inhibitors in it.

FOG

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Mix it at 50/50 . 50% antifreeze and 50% water . Or if it makes you feel better mix it 40% anti-freeze and 60% water .

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds good haha, more than likely it'll still run like crap, i've got a bunch of parts on the way anyway so i'll just flush it again before i start riding haha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts