Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As weather will be cooling off very soon...I'd like to extend a ride invite to all you City boyz and galz.....yo Brooklyn, yo Queens. Certainly not to exclude Nassau and Suffolk members as well.

Lets finally get you out to those nice Hampton backroads when the summer crowd disperses.

Keep your eyes peeled right here for a specific date (I'm thinking mid September sometime) ...meet spots and final destinations (Montauk Point?) to be determined.

Thoughts, suggestions are welcome in the meantime.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we can do one on a Sunday...... repeat on a Saturday....whatever is convenient for all.
I just happen to be available, ummm, M-F as well.

How about Sunday, Sept 18? weather dependent, of course. That gives Gary a couple of weeks to acclimate.

It just occurs to me, Chind...do you have a bike? It'll give you time to gather up something.

Chind...where is Sonic? Is he ok?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'd like to try and join on the 18th. The wife is working that weekend, which leaves me free to do as I wish...to some extent.

What time is typically roll out?

·
Super Moderator
14,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm cognizant you guys have a ride just to get to me. Usual meeting place is a park and ride on the North side of the LIE exit 61.

9AM would be desired. Out east, a couple miles off the LIE, the back roads becomes quite pleasurable. Traffic should be minimal out there.

Lets gauge interest as others weigh in....or IF they weigh in at all.

·
Super Moderator
14,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Superb...3 (myself included) so far.

Its ON...Sunday Sept 18.

·
Super Moderator
14,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After a prolonged forum absence...SonicD has been in contact! He's looking at Sunday the 18th AND/OR Saturday the 17th.

Hell, I'll do both or either, whatever the consensus.

·
Super Moderator
14,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmmmm, weather allowing, maybe Southampton's ocean "mansion run" one day, and Napeague run the other.

Both fun rides, with picturesque side destinations (secret spots) along the routes, but differ greatly (in good ways).

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'll come Sunday if that's when everyone will be there. I've never been to that part of LI yet so it'd be nice to find some new places to ride!

·
Super Moderator
14,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^ Fantastic! Sunday the 18th...hopefully sunny and dry....and accompanied by some cooler temps

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'm hoping to at least be above 300 miles before Sunday. If I didn't have to work Saturday I'd do both days as well.
My speeds are limited by break in period.
1st 300m below 5k rpm
300m to 500m below 6k rpm
500m to 800m below 8k rpm

So currently my top speed is 56 mph @5k rpm in 6th gear :frown2:
I took 25a all the way out to Glen Cove yesterday :| LIE would be sketchy going that slow. I'd most likely get run over from some ahole doing 100
Hopefully at 6k rpm I'd at least be able to do 65mph

Anyways I most likely in for Sunday unless something with work comes up. Otherwise the schedule is clear.

I'm cognizant you guys have a ride just to get to me. Usual meeting place is a park and ride on the North side of the LIE exit 61.

9AM would be desired.
We sticking with this ^^^^?

·
Super Moderator
14,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
AFA I know, meet spot/time yes. After the much publicized LIE accidents out east...Suffolk County Police have a definite "presence" there....they've been vigilant...speeding just begging for tickets, needless to say we'll avoid.

A few miles after the LIE exit the real ride begins...more scenic than "speedy". Some roads so small and picturesque you don't want to speed, a nice relaxing pace. I think you'll like the areas.

We'll make stops at some obscure spots I frequent, but will need to choose either the shorter ocean "mansion run" or the Napeague run way out east. Time limits doing both.

·
Super Moderator
14,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Be advised weather forces to flip this ride over to Saturday the 17th.....9AM at Park and Ride at EXit 61 of LIE...parking lot on the north side service road next to the Mobil station. 9AM. We'll nail down a final destination at that time.

Saturday looks to be mid 70's, clear.

I've got a couple of CBR600 and GSXR friends on board as well.

Anyone not able, we'll reschedule for a Sunday in the very near future.

1 - 20 of 180 Posts