Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K so I went to all the bike shops near me and couldn't find any flushmounts, so Iresorted to cheapo way and got some clearance lights to use for turn signals. Now the box says they are self grounding not sure if I can trust that, so any thoughts on that will be appreciated.

I also got some LED sweeper lights, and since my flush mount idea loses running lights I figured I could run a wire from that connector to my rocker switch to power those lights. I thought that would be a good idea if I don't use the running lights connector plus its already wired to a fuse.

·
Registered
114 Posts
ebay, online stores.........? Buying things for their intended purposes is so much easier then modifying others.

·
Registered
192 Posts
cheap isnt always better... i got some of the low profile cheapy turn signals at the AMA races and the stalks ended up being entirely solid (so no give) and the bolt that went through was not mounted (it would screw out of the stalk)... so they would always come loose. i went back to stockers until i find something that will be as functional as they are attractive

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wont work without being grounded to the flasher ground :(

now I just need a wire to hook up my LEDs to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts