·
Registered
59 Posts
+1

That thing is sweet!!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Electric motors are awesome for delivering gobs of torque from a standstill.

·
Registered
234 Posts
THE URL LINK IS INFECTED WITH A VIRUS. DON'TCLICK ON IT.

·
Registered
59 Posts
nasfaw said:
haha. yeah, i guess it's infected with the "green with envy" virus that strikes when you see a hot looking (electirc) bike!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nasfaw said:
Yeah, tree hugger is full of viruses ::)

I have no clue where you got that, but that web site is clean and I'm often on it.

My computer keeps on computing well and there's no viruses to be found.

Learn how to use your machine before blaming the consequences of your incompetency on others..

Gosh I wish there was something like a C&IBC (Computer and Internet Basics Course) but then, I'd be outta work ;)

Frog, 2nd level tech support for the last 7 years, working for one of the biggest ISP to be found in Canada...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Frog said:
Learn how to use your machine before blaming the consequences of your incompetency on others..

Frog, 2nd level tech support for the last 7 years, working for one of the biggest ISP to be found in Canada...
Quit defending tree hugger as if you're the webmaster there. i'm using Sophos Antivirus with real-time protection. As soon as I clicked your link, of course, a temp file, AKA cookie, got dumped in my IE temp file folder and Sophos immediately alerted me stating "virus found on the temp file." Of course, i killed it afterwards by simpling clearing the IE cache.

Speaking of incompetency, it's about time you ask your company to promote you either to tier-three tech support OR to Network Operations(NetOps). Afterall, you've been there SEVEN years. No offense (just a thought.)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Derailed![/color]

Yeah that bike is nuts! Lithium Ion is rechargeable right? That would only make sense. The only downside is the 100 mile range. When I ride, I like to think 100 miles is the minimum distance I'll go.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
No electric touring bikes yet,but that looks like a cool commuter.

·
Registered
348 Posts
(in defense of frog) If you're running the latest web browser, simply clicking that link won't do any harm. Some links are masked and if you click them, you're giving some webserver access to your computer (i.e., it places a cookie on your hard-drive). But that link isn't masked. You must've had other windows open or something. ::)

BACK ON TOPIC

The electric motorcycle is very innovative. It is prudent to keep in mind that the bike is simply a prototype, so it's no where near being ready to be marketable. A lot of people on that site were drawing all these horrendous conclusions, "oh it doesn't sound good". Well duh, it's a prototype. It's more of those guys saying "it can be done, and we did it." If they want to take it further, they'll refine it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
An electric motorcycle, sweet. Silent, fast and eco friendly.

I have an idea for a design improvement.......

Take one or two batteries out of the normal circuit, (fully charged) that weren't connected, except through a switch that was labeled "reserve" :)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nasfaw said:
Speaking of incompetency, it's about time you ask your company to promote you either to tier-three tech support OR to Network Operations(NetOps). Afterall, you've been there SEVEN years. No offense (just a thought.)
hihihi, Thanks for your input on how I should run my career...

I tried those, and found out that I don't want a wireless leash 24/7.. I enjoy my freedom and my life outside of work. For me, that is priceless.

·
Registered
154 Posts
nasfaw said:
Frog said:

Quit defending tree hugger as if you're the webmaster there. i'm using Sophos Antivirus with real-time protection. As soon as I clicked your link, of course, a temp file, AKA cookie, got dumped in my IE temp file folder and Sophos immediately alerted me stating "virus found on the temp file." Of course, i killed it afterwards by simpling clearing the IE cache.

Dude, IE is not a web browser. It is a method of spawning useless spam, virii, and other malities. Nor is XP + antivirus software an answer. If you click a link, and your POS pc craps out, don't blame the links' author. Blame subpar operating systems and nothing else.

I see you've become a victim of the 'i have to use anti-vir' movement. That's too bad. Accepting low quality software, then patching it with equally buggy software (WHICH YOU HAVE TO MAINTANE ALSO) should throw up a few red flags.

C'mon, get with the program and get a macbook, or at least use a LiveCD like Knoppix to familiarize yourself with linux (cheaper) and stop flailing in the M$ bin of lost souls.

Don't take it the wrong way. It's not YOUR fault your OS sucks, but it is if you keep it after the ignorance wears off. ;)

·
Registered
633 Posts
All of you are wrong!!!

The only decent OS out there is has been, is now, and always will be.... DOS

Use it or loose it guys get with the program! DOS ownz U!!!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^ Lolz :D

you're right. I miss the days when Bill Gates said that you will never need more than 8mb of ram...

To get a computer to work, you had to know your stuff.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts