Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to switch to the Zx6 mirrors(98-03?) because they are supposed to be wider for a better view. I've heard some folks like the Emgo version but I find several models on different sites that say they fit the Zx6. My highest value is on better view(wider) and low vibration and hopefully a sturdy stem that will be durable. Can anyone give me a part number of an Emgo Zx6 mirror they've used and has these characteristics?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I picked up my EMGO's used, so I don't know what the part number is.. While they are a bit wider than stock, they aren't much better; but they look better too. If you really want to get a better rear-view I'd suggest the extensions.. or both.. As for vibrations.. the set I have seems to be about the same as the stock'ers.. if they are better it's not really by a notable amount.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Emgo part numbers are(left and right) Part# 391863 and 391864. According to the stats they are about 9/16 wider and are also lower. I got them at Dennis Kirk. I installed them with some 1 inch spacer blocks I made out of aluminum for my ex500 mirrors. I finally can see the way I'd like to behind me! I can see the full lane behind me in either mirror so with just one glance I know whats going on( instead of half the picture in each mirror). The mirrors have wide angle lenses so that took me a little while to get used to but do help you see more. I get a little vibration in the mirrors sometime but not bad (don't know how it compares to the OEM Zx6 mirrors). The fact that they look better is just a bonus!

[attachment deleted by admin]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts