Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Moderating: Fair & Just
7,150 Posts
You could go the final step and test the igniter to confirm your conclusion that it is defective.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I was in the garage today and got the urge to try to start the bike, I needed the fresh smell of exhaust fumes in the morning, but the strangest thing happened. My issue has now jumped to the other cylinder. Now my left cylinder is firing but not my right? Has anyone ever experienced this before? I have a buddy with a running 500r so I’m going to try his cdi next weekend to confirm my conclusion but does anyone know if a “traveling” spark is sign of a bad cdi? I want to use the post now shared but still trying to figure out how to read through it.

·
Moderating: Fair & Just
7,150 Posts
I want to use the post now shared but still trying to figure out how to read through it.
Please do ask about anything that is unclear. If it's unclear to you, then it's unclear to others, and I need to fix that.

"Traveling spark", sounds more like something getting reversed during a reassembly to me, that a faulty CDI.

Having a buddy with another EX is a great advantage for you.

But again,
I want to use the post now shared but still trying to figure out how to read through it.
please elaborate on what you don't understand with the post.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts