Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Created this thread to clean up the discussion on a "Introduction to the Track" session which 'dad' has offered to us. The date we are working with is June 16. The track is Calabogie, located in Ontario, Canada.

The topic has been discussed in two threads - As per this thread:
http://www.ex-500.com/index.php/topic,1100.msg12003.html#msg12003

and this thread:
http://www.ex-500.com/index.php/topic,1128.0.html

Camping has been offered by 'johndoe'

The session is a couple laps in a controlled pace, for people who have never been on a track and want to know about it. It's a good chance to meet some board members, and take to the track at a slow pace.
So, lets keep this thread fairly clean so it's clear who is coming and what is going on.

Thanks!

The list sits at:

1) Royson

'dad' put me in touch with Linda at Team Pro Motion, who gave me this stuff.

http://www.teampromotion.com/tpm.php?page_id=track_trythetrack

Head there and check out everything. It gives you all the facts on what you're doing, the gear you need and a waiver to read over. Pretty straight forward.

Make sure you check off JUNE 16 AT CALABOGIE.

Gear required:
* A motorcycle checked over concerning safety issues. No leaks, broken controls, or other safety aspects will be allowed. Motorcycles will be checked over prior to entering the track.
* Tires having at least 50% tread life and no wear indicators showing.
* Proper full face helmet with eye protection.
* Leather or textile riding jacket with proper armor inserts.
* Leather riding gloves.
* Leather boots over the ankle.
* Leather riding pants or a sturdy pair of jeans showing no holes.​

Make sure you guys read over the site and get all the info. Sign up and we'll make sure this day goes off without a hitch!

And yes, it is fine to bring friends, we're not elitists :)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Re: EX-500 Track Day on June 16TH!

The list sits at:

1) Royson
2) Frog
3)
4)
5)

·
Registered
97 Posts

The list sits at:

1) Royson
2) Frog
3) Johndoe
4) Yassoon
5)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts

1) Royson
2) Frog + 1 of his friend on a white/red CBR 600F4i (she's not sure about the track but she's up for the ride) :)
3) Johndoe
4) Yassoon
5) Sonyminidiscman

·
Registered
97 Posts

1) Royson
2) Frog + 1 of his friend on a white/red CBR 600F4i (she's not sure about the track but she's up for the ride)
3) Johndoe
4) Yassoon + friend w/ '03 ZX6R
5) Sonyminidiscman

·
Registered
171 Posts

Since we're taking friends too I'm including one too!

1) Royson
2) Frog + 1 of his friend on a white/red CBR 600F4i (she's not sure about the track but she's up for the ride)
3) Johndoe + friend on a v-strom
5) Sonyminidiscman

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just added SIGN UP INFO in the first post of this thread - check it out and register soon if you guys are coming on out!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
1) Royson(signed up)
2) Frog(signed up) + 1 of his friend on a white/red CBR 600F4i (she's not sure about the track but she's up for the ride)
5) Sonyminidiscman

·
Registered
241 Posts
I Got this:

Team Pro-Motion Try The Track Program

Thanks for your interest in Try The Track and Team Pro-Motion!

Keep an eye on www.teampromotion.com for the full 2006 schedule.

Please resubmit your request when the new dates become available.

The "Team" looks forward to having you ride and visit with us next season.

Does this mean I am registered???

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^I got something similar, and then the lady resent a second one to correct it - it should mean you're registered, but if you want to be sure e-mail them. It just looks to me like they didn't update their form return letter from 2006!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yeah, I got an email today. so looks like i am registered.

1) Royson(signed up)
2) Frog(signed up) + 1 of his friend on a white/red CBR 600F4i (she's not sure about the track but she's up for the ride)
5) Sonyminidiscman (signed up)

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
WOW! I'm REALLY glad to see you guys taking advantage of this! 8) You'll have a BALL! ;D

And any lurkers, please check out the other TPM dates. This is available at any dates they do. North to Ontario and south to the North Carolina line. Any and all takers. A great chance to feel it out at ZERO expense. :eek: ;D

Here's their link. http://www.teampromotion.com/tpm.php

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
BTW, since you've already got a group started, it's OK to bring along additional folks who aren't pre-registered. Just make sure they're familiar with the simple requirements and arrive on time so nobody's disappointed. It's best to pre-register, but.......:)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I think we've got all the interest we're going to get, and with only two weeks left before the big day, we probably should start making some plans?

John, can we still camp at your place on Friday night?
Are we all going to meet there, or do some of you want to just meet Saturday morning?

I'll be leaving the Kitchener area Friday night to head down, so if any of you Toronto riders want to meet up on Friday, we can ride out to that area on Friday night and have a safer pack to ride in for the 401.

Anyhow, you guys post up some suggestions!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I'm keen with the camping concept :) I can bring my stuff too.

Camping sounds better since I'm 4 hours away from the track... and last time I did 9 hours of riding in the same day was 7years ago ;)

I've just got confirmation I have the whole weekend off (15,16 and 17th) Woot !!

Bring your suggestions, I'm all ears.. uh Eyes ;)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I too have the entire weekend. At the moment, my plan is ride up Friday as I'm many hours away, and camp with you guys. On Saturday, we hit the track and maybe a ride afterwards? I'm sure theres some good roads around after the track session?

Saturday night, I'm heading towards Algonquin, as I've got some friends camping up there whom I hope to mooch campsite space from :)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Royson said:
I too have the entire weekend. At the moment, my plan is ride up Friday as I'm many hours away, and camp with you guys. On Saturday, we hit the track and maybe a ride afterwards? I'm sure theres some good roads around after the track session?
I'm down with that plan, except the ride afterward will be towards home ;) Anyone is welcome to follow me ;D

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm off on vacation that week so camping at my place is not a problem, friday night or saturday night or both? really makes no difference to me. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and it won't rain. How many people will be going there and how many camping out at my place.

Ken

1 - 20 of 78 Posts