Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone i have a small problem. When i go ride my bike in the morning sitting all night. The clutch is stuck . I can wiggle the bike back and forth in gear so i cna unstuck them it works. But recently i started doing something else. I turn on the bike sit on it and just rev it and press the clutch. And magically is unstuck . I dont have problems driving . But it just gets stuck after some hours of sitting . Does anyone have an Idea what is going on ?
Oh and the clutch plates are new set with friction plates too from ebc only have 5k miles on it maybe less. Thank you guys.

·
Registered
18 Posts
oh i got it .bad clutch ok i will on the steel plates adn i will bought a newfren kit clutch and springs . thank you

·
Registered
19,756 Posts
your problem is normal, if you want to fix it easy just burn it a bit. holding the front brake or put the front wheel against a wall then starr the engine from 5 K at full throttle in 1st gear with the clutch

FOG

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
This is the nature of wet clutches. Pulling the clutch lever and rocking the bike back and forth will break the plates loose. Also revving the engine with the clutch lever pulled. Are you using an oil that is designed for "wet clutches"? Car oil is not.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Hello everyone i have a small problem. When i go ride my bike in the morning sitting all night. The clutch is stuck . I can wiggle the bike back and forth in gear so i cna unstuck them it works. But recently i started doing something else. I turn on the bike sit on it and just rev it and press the clutch. And magically is unstuck . I dont have problems driving . But it just gets stuck after some hours of sitting . Does anyone have an Idea what is going on ?
Oh and the clutch plates are new set with friction plates too from ebc only have 5k miles on it maybe less. Thank you guys.
maintenance and correct adjustment will alleviate most clutch issues. EBC and other aftermarket parts are never the same spec as OEM. that is because they are not allowed to be. there is always a difference somewhere.
plates can be thicker or thinner. different number of plates. different number of friction pads per plate. different type of friction material. that sort of thing.
I have used EBC before and it's usually decent kit. but it has to be prepared correctly and correctly installed/adjusted to work as a OEM one would. EX clutches for some reason do tend to stick while stood. I believe it's something to do with it being designed to work on a 900cc so a bit big for 500.
once it's broken free it's not usually a problem. if it does it all the time it's not adjusted correctly. day to day mine never sticks. after winter lay up it does but only for the first start after that it's fine.
and the oil is not your problem

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
If I haven't started the bike, I'll clutch it and rock back and forth to break them free. If it's running and warmed up, I clutch it and rev it a few times, which does the same thing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
just figure it out guys . got some ferodo fss0404 clutch springs . the bike feels like a new bike. great product. and now everyone going as they should be . thank you all .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts