Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what parts from the ex250 can I fit on my ex500?

I noticed that the rear tire is a bit taller, will it hinder the bike's ability to corner/ lean?
rear hub seems the same, made me wonder what all would fit.

mainly interested in chassis parts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah im trying to find somewhere that has fairing kit for my 07 kawasaki ninja ex500r.. will the fairings from a ex250r fit on my bike

·
Super Moderator
6,870 Posts
^No

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
If you have the time and talent, anything can be made to fit - but I'm guessing you guys are looking for bolt-on. Also, you have two generations of EX500s and what, three generations of 250s? Coming up with interchange would be possible, but not practical.

It also depends on which EX500 were playing with. Gen1 have 16" wheels and gen2 with 17s are quite different. If you have a '94-'09, I believe someone swapped the swingarm and wheel from a '99-'05 ZR-7S 750 on. Took a bit of fitting, but you end up with a stronger swinger and substantially wider rear wheel.

·
Premium Member
84' Goldwing Aspencade, 91' EX500, 98' Ninja 250/17' 300 engine, 07' EX500
3,820 Posts
what parts from the ex250 can I fit on my ex500?

I noticed that the rear tire is a bit taller, will it hinder the bike's ability to corner/ lean?
rear hub seems the same, made me wonder what all would fit.

mainly interested in chassis parts.
I own both Gens of EX500s, and a 1st gen 250.

I've noticed that some suspension parts will swap, but wheels won't, not without some work.

Are there any parts you're looking at? Also @InvisiBill has done a lot of research on this subject.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts