Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya all.

I just came home off of work and I had to take that road you see in my sig pict. It's usually a nice ride but recently they started roadwork.. They are pretty much digging a section before what you see and, well 'usually' they leave a dirtroad at the end of their shift.. Well, not tonight :D

They basically left a bulldozer trail. I had to use the bulldozer tracks to get to destination, nothing was levelled, it was muddy and the surface was some dirt core mixed with rocks as big as my fist.. It wouldn't cause much challenge to your true 4x4, but those average AWD cars/trucks wouldn't have made it without scraping their bottoms.

Ans the 500 has been great through this challenge ;D No major issues, taking my time and working the clutch got me through this. I even had my top box full and the bike was still easy to manage.

Nimble is a great feature for this little warrior ;) Don't think I would've made it with those uber sport machines or any cruiser bike.

R

·
0 Posts
Similar experience last year when a main street near my house was ripped up. I deliberately took the road just cause it was so much fun to ride the mud!!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm waiting next winter for that... ;)

It wasn't planned at all, I just took the same way as usual, which is the shortest, but I ran into a bit of a challenge.. which was nice ;D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts