Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks
Just picked up an exhaust can from a 04 636 and will be fabricating a 2 into one for the 500 using the original header pipes. Was wondering if there are any examples of this here on the board? I will make sure to take pics of the process in my shop. The only reason I am doing this is that the originals have severe road rash from the previous owner and I am sick of looking at it. Also my yami 600's pipe is not well liked by the neighbors or my baby, who's room is right above the garage. So this will be a quiet pipe made only for aesthetic purposes.
Rod

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bear in mind while builing that motorcycles (and cars to a certain point) benefit from pipe "tuned length". It is too difficult ot explain in a forum, but there are books on the subject and the web. Flow should not be an issue with 636 exhuast. OH- and take a look at globalspec.com- it is an engineering site that has links to just about everything. Good luck and keep us informed.

S

·
0 Posts
Don't worry about tuned length, make it to fit however you can and never worry about it. The ex500 is not performance machine so it will be pretty hard to mess things up....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts