Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding my 500r yesterday and my exhaust fell off. Unfortunately could not find it after hours of searching.

馃敶if anyone has a spare exact exhaust please let me know I'm willing to buy. I'm in the 馃嚭馃嚫 馃敶

I took a look at my other exhaust, but I could not find any serial numbers, manufacturer, or letters stamped on.

Registered
That looks like a chinese muffler, you can find them on ebay... but that exhaust is going to fall off also since it's not being clamped securely. There should be a short mid-pipe that would allow the muffler to sit farther back, so the clamp is about in the center of the muffler. And both sides of the muffler clamp get mounted on the same side of the mounting bolt, not on both sides as it is in your pic. Get a couple of mid-pipes from Delkevic, or I have read a Ninja 300 exhaust adapter works on the 500- you could try that to get the muffler further back. But it should look more like the pic below- you can see how the clamp is tightly holding the muffler- your clamp is not holding the muffler

Attachments

Premium Member
I'd be curious how long they had been on. It doesn't appear to be clamped on either end, and the front end has room to move forward onto the header more. I'm surprised you only lost one.

Registered
The clamp is meant to have both "ears" on one side of the foot peg bracket not one on each side. That's why it isn't clamping anything.

Also, there should be spring retainers holding the slip on, to the header pipe.

Should look like this:

Registered
springs only on aftermarket pipes not stock and not all have them. only the ones with no clamps. stock uses a clamp and a carbon gasket between the header and muffler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts