Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
"(you don't)"
I could resent that comment; you don't know me that well, yet.

"Ask me how I know"
How do you know?

·
Registered
19,320 Posts
well the answer to both is the same, been there done that or yes I tried to see if there was anything to be had with tuning those springs, the best iI could do with many tries was to duplicate the stock response . I ws looking for better throttle response not more power.
The "you don't" wasn't meant to be a insult. just trying to emphasize the need for highly sophisticated equipment or procedure to get good results. if you did, you wouldn't be asking here

FOG

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Okay, thanks for the clarify. I won't waste time with the springs.

So, I'm confused: why do you think the change from "stock foam" air filter to K& N "paper with oil" air filter
made such a difference, aside from the additional airflow from the 1" hole in the cover?
Seems like the new air filter restricted air flow compared to stock, and the 1" hole un-restricted airflow, no?

·
Registered
780 Posts
excuse my interjection Fog. K&N's give greater air flow the hole assists by allowing more air into the box but not enough to make the bike run a lot too weak by disrupting the operation of the slides that need vacuum to work. just a little as the EX runs rich at full throttle.

·
Registered
19,320 Posts
Please read “ Fog’s air box mod” 1st paragraph for my thoughts

Fog

21 - 25 of 25 Posts