Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I bought a used 1995 Ex500 which came with Yoshimura Stainless Steel Exhaust. What the pervious owner did though was, he used the factory pipe that has a crossover in it already. He just blocked off one side and used the crossover to run all the exhaust to the other side. The exhaust is on right side of the bike.

My question is: Is this bad for the bike? Should I change this ASAP or can I run like this until I find a good 2into1 header for Yoshimura.

Thanks,

nav

·
Registered
94 Posts
Change it soon. Uneven pressure / backpressure on the engine is bad.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

Thanks for the replies, can anyone tell me what options do I have. I don't have the stock cans or the left pipe after the crossover.

Can someone tell me what 2 in 1 pipe would fit the yoshimura exhaust on 1995 Ex500.

Thanks

nav

·
Registered
417 Posts
Vaughan_Ex500 said:
Can someone tell me what 2 in 1 pipe would fit the yoshimura exhaust on 1995 Ex500.

Thanks

nav

Ya it will fit, you will just ahve to take off your center stand. hope that help, an questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Shorty444,

But which 2 in 1 header pipe, I already have the yoshimura exhaust mounted on the stock header. So which true 2 in 1 header pipe should I buy, the center stand has already been taken off.

Thanks

Nav

·
Registered
722 Posts
measure the inside diameter of the can then look for a 2-1 header that will fit the EX that ends in the same diameter as that can.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya I know muzzy make them an you can see if the cans will fit onto that.

But your best bet would be just getting a muzzy full system, you can get it for like 4-bills.

See its 1995 Ex500, I just couldn't justify spending $400 just on the exhaust specially when I already have perfect condition Yoshimura can installed on the bike. All I'm trying to find is either modify what the previous owner did to prevent uneven backpressure or find a 2 to 1 header pipe.

Can a shop fabricate these, would it be cheaper to have one fabricated from people of do car exhaust repairs and stuff.

Thanks,

Nav

·
Registered
496 Posts
i'd watch ebay. just last week there was a D & D for a low low price...the cans were scratched, but the 2 into 1 header pipe was solid.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Vaughan_Ex500 said:
Can a shop fabricate these, would it be cheaper to have one fabricated from people of do car exhaust repairs and stuff.

Thanks,

Nav
Yes, go there with your bike, ask them, they should be able to fab one without too much problems :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts