Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was Kawasaki's A/F screw settings from the factory. Was it 3/4 turn out?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I've got the factory book in front of me. Do you mean the Pilot Screw? If so the factory spec is 1 1/2 +/- 1/4. Provided you haven't done any air box mods. Road with my brother yesterday which meant we only rode 10 over, indicated 65 mph, with air box mod 63 mpg!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I've noticed that I've had driveability problems that I've associated with carb adj that in one case turned out to be my failure to take care of the "uncool" things like cleaning my air filter. Take care of all of the maintenance stuff before jumping into the "what happens if I do this?". It'll save time, you could ask me how I know..... ::)

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
only problem I note with factory settings is that theres the lean spot between 4500 and about 6k rpm, and it sucks. setting the screws to 2 1/2 turns out fixes that nicely though. remember that thats just a base setting, you may need more or less, depending on your elevation, average temps, etc.

but before you even START with that stuff, put in an inline fuel filter, and MAKE SURE YOUR AIR FILTER IS CLEAN. if the air filter isnt clean, your bike aint gonna run right no matter what you do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts