Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My adventurer daughter, Alaskan Fisheries Observer brother, & twice-to-Iraq Marine son... are all learned in the ways of socks & foot powder. But nothing they do is like relatively-inactive motorcycling in various temps & water conditions.

The easy USAF basic training, '73, in Texas in August taught to alternate shoes day by day so that each pair has time to thoroughly dry-out between wearings which inhibits the growth of various & smelly life forms. My dad came back from Guam (after WW II) with some sort of foot fungus (P.U.) that never went away... but Mexsana medicated powder always worked for the "aroma". Sweat-wicking fabric for socks seems sensible.

So, what brand/construction socks &/or foot powder work for you guys?
Especially those who travel long distances & need to pack light.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I don't know about the smelly fungus , but if your wearing boots while riding then you should wear riding socks or some type of atheletic sock that wicks away moister so your feet stay dry at all times . Cold swaet covered feet will cause you to get sick fast.

·
Registered
279 Posts
regular cotton socks, no powder.
two pairs of socks when its cold out, i was thinking of buying some of those super heavy duty socks for hiking or whatever, i cant remember what they were for, saw them at walmart.I figured i could use them on the really cold days.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool-Max brand & similar fabrics (and the newer Merino wools) are rated high for wicking sweat away from the skin- which helps heep them warmer & drier in winter, and cooler & drier in summer.

Those with severe stinky feet syndrome might search out some socks with built-in anti-bacterial properties (one type includes teeny threads of silver... which kills germs).

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have some champions I like because they're mixed with cotton "Cool-Max" sweat wicking material... but they're too heavy & still have too much regular cotton (sweat stays soaked-in instead of evaporating away). Doesn't appear to be much concern w/ the topic so I'll just let this topic lie.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts