Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i finally got tired of looking at that behemoth of a rear fender the other day and ditched it. i didnt cut mine up, just removed everything. then i went down to lowes and got me a steel plate to make my own plate mount. i can get the part # for those interested, but what it is, is one of those plates used to secure 2 boards together. just flat with a few holes already in it (hey, weight savings! jk). and with a bend here, and a few holes there, a carefully placed cut or 2, and i had my own rear fender eleminator for under $2. i re-mounted the stocker blinkers, but im gonna be getting some mini's soon. i also got rid of those luggage "hooks". my straps can attatch to themselves underneath, and those things were an eyesore just dangling down there. other mods youll see are my wheel stripes. works great for breaking up all that black, and they add a bit of saftey cuz their reflective. you cant really tell cuz i used no flash. oh and i got rid of the amber side reflectors.

enjoy!

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Good lookin' bike that is..

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hollywood.. I have the same color 06 and I like the idea of the color matched lower.. what kind of paint and where did you get it from.. is it color matched..?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I'm color matching my entire bike (Candy Apple Red). Hope it turns out OK . Anyone have a solid color on their bike ? It'll be done by mid week , will post some pictures when done.

·
Registered
200 Posts
man that is alittle steep.. but does look nice.. I was hoping that maybe the paint wouldn't be too much.. have a low feed spray gun and compressor here.. wouldn't take much to shoot it..

·
Registered
722 Posts
go to a paint store and have the match the paint for you and do it yourself? Probably best to get a lower from ebay or from someone thats parting out their bike or something, that way if it doesn't look right you can use the stock.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
very nice hollywood. someday ill get the lower color matched, and probably remove the stripe graphics that are on the sail panels.

and speaking of color matching..i wounder what our mirror housings would look like color matched....hmmm

1 - 15 of 15 Posts