Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here she is in all her splendor.

So far I've lost the passenger pegs (at the dealer), got the solo cowl (at the dealer), and did the Comp Werkes fender eliminator kit.

I'm going to be relocating the brake resevoir, and I'll be doing a double bubble, frame sliders, and more as time goes on.

The 500 leaves to her new home on Monday. Going to miss her *sob*.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
What... no back seat? ;)

Let us know how it compares to the 500 after you get used to her.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Bro I know you just got her and all but a bike like that deserves hornier shot backgrounds. Like your driveway and parking lot are nice and all but this is like photographing Jill Kelly at bus stop.....well actually that would still be hawt.... ANYWAY take her up to red rock canyon and get us some shots there :)

·
Registered
3,881 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Congrats on the new ride.

Just curious why you went with Kawasaki this year?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well all gotta upgrade eventually. Myself included. Change is good. Looks like your ride is, too!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
eXce!!eNt said:
Congrats on the new ride.

Just curious why you went with Kawasaki this year?
They tend to fit me the best, not sure what it is. I just meld right in. I like the looks of the R6 but it feels like sitting on concrete to me, very uncomfortable, and even being 6' tall I still can't put my feet down on a 600RR, not sure what that's about. The GSXR is OK, never found any fault with it, but I liked the Kawi better. :)

I know that the 600RR is getting lots of thumbs up this year but the 6R tends to tie for the lead, and often they give a down based on the power, but when you do the jumper mod on the 6R it ends up having the most power of any of the 07s.

And yeah I know I still need to get some better background stuff. I'm waiting until I get my sliders on her before I go too nuts. Next weekend should be lots of fun though. Problem is my fiancee has already told me she won't photograph me riding because she doesn't want to encourage me to do naughty things lol.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I read the 6R has a huge 1st gear, they showed that it could do 80 in first. I was wondering what your experience is with that. I know thats going high in the revs but that means cruising RPM would be around 50mph(i think), which is bad because city driving i'd never get out of first which is good for me not having to worry about downshifting, but bad for the bike.

·
Registered
270 Posts
compaired to the ex how wide is the 6r?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Smoky said:
compaired to the ex how wide is the 6r?
Not having actually measured it but based on experience I'd say the 6R is narrower (by maybe a few inches) solely based on the dual exhaust on the EX sticking out as far as it does from the body. Sitting on it the between the legs feel is narrower to me due to the shape of the tank.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jason said:
I read the 6R has a huge 1st gear, they showed that it could do 80 in first. I was wondering what your experience is with that. I know thats going high in the revs but that means cruising RPM would be around 50mph(i think), which is bad because city driving i'd never get out of first which is good for me not having to worry about downshifting, but bad for the bike.
How are you defining cruising RPM? The EX only goes to 11k or so, the 6R goes to 15.5...I tend to keep the RPMs higher on the 6R than I ever did on the EX. Definitely not trying to keep it under 4k like I used to on the EX when cruising. :) Not sure if that helps answer your question though.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Nice lookin' ride Phobos, she's a looker. Somehow I figured you would go with a black one again though. :eek:

I hope you enjoy her as much as I enjoy my EX (and your Sarachus too :-* )

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
Jason said:
the ZX6R and the CBR600RR are pretty similar. cruzing RPMs are no different than the EX. I cruize at 5500 RPM on the Highway in 6th gear. i cruize at about 3500 in 4th gear in town. there's no need to bring the RPMs up to ludicris speeds.

·
Registered
199 Posts
phobos512 said:
.... Problem is my fiancee has already told me she won't photograph me riding because she doesn't want to encourage me to do naughty things lol.
Well then may I suggest you take pictures of your fiance on your bike ;D

j/k ;)

Remember you can always post random pictures of Jill Kelly for no reason in the meantime :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Jason said:
The R1 will run 104 in first.  The trick is that most high performance / high RPM bikes use a close ratio transmission, meaning that the ratios change very little from gear to gear after you get out of first.

So, I shift often shift the R1 into higher gears (including 6th) just riding around town at 40 mph.....  because it still makes enough torque at 3000 rpm to pull away from most cars.....  and if I'm in a situation where I really need to use the power of the R1 in first gear, it shouldn't be on the street.

I once loaned a friend my RC51 because his 250 Ninja broke......  He rode the RC back to town about 30 miles in first.....  his 250 Ninja perspective presumed the revs had to be up there.

Eventually you get used to the change and smaller bikes feel slightly 'revvy'.  However, I always felt that the EX was pretty even-handed when it came to this sensation.  Vibration isn't bad, and you don't really have to spin it too hard to stay on the freeway.

Just for my memory, what kind of RPM are stock EX's running at 70 mph?  The R1 runs about 5K.

Sorry, didn't mean to threadjack...... just trying to answer the question about tall first gears.

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
Outrace said:
Just for my memory, what kind of RPM are stock EX's running at 70 mph? The R1 runs about 5K.
IIRC, somewhere in the neighborhood of 6000 RPM. also IIRC some years had different Rear gear ratios.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Knightslugger said:
Outrace said:
Just for my memory, what kind of RPM are stock EX's running at 70 mph? The R1 runs about 5K.
IIRC, somewhere in the neighborhood of 6000 RPM. also IIRC some years had different Rear gear ratios.
yea 6- 6.5k in 6th gear(7-7.5k in 5th i think) on mine, 95is around 7.75ish I think not totally positive.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Cool, so the EX spins a little faster on the freeway than the R1. 5K is about 2.5K from where the motor gets serious, so it's just sorta bumbling along.

My FJR only needed 4k at 70 so it was kinda luxo-slow spinning, but there was torque everywhere in the rev range on that piggie. Yank the throttles and she moved pretty nicely.

Anyway, congrats on the new Kawi. They're nice bikes and a decent step up from the EX.

·
Registered
179 Posts
SoarAndEnvision said:
Bro I know you just got her and all but a bike like that deserves hornier shot backgrounds. Like your driveway and parking lot are nice and all but this is like photographing Jill Kelly at bus stop.....well actually that would still be hawt.... ANYWAY take her up to red rock canyon and get us some shots there :)
Jill Kelly or the Bike, up to Red Rock? ;D How about both. ;)

Man that bike is sweet....I wonder how hard it would be to modify the EX fairing to accept those turns?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts