Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my eye on a 1997 ninja 500 for a long time and i finally got one at a super low price. I have started to upgrade it with a few things so be on the look out for some before and after pics

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
can we get an image too ?

Glad you've found your ride :)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Good looking bike right there :)

How much power do those fog lights draw ?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Don't ride for too long with the high beams and the fog lights on ;)

60w+55w = 115w, not tested so far, but they 'could' drain the battery..

·
Registered
21 Posts
are those aftermarket turn signals? i like :)

i never did like the way the rear turn signals stuck out randomly from the bike, but i was wondering if running without rear turn signals is illegal or not???

·
Registered
244 Posts
Dextrose said:
i was wondering if running without rear turn signals is illegal or not???
Call me crazy, but I'll go for safety over style, especially with something like this, any day.

·
Registered
21 Posts
im poised to agree but the question still stands :)

if anything id think riding without turn signals would be illegal for safety reasons

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh i am not riding without rear turn signals, they just have not come in yet, any day now. The fog lights seem to do just fine while the bike is running. you just have to remember to turn them off and let the bike run for a minute or two before you turn it off but they don't seem to drain the battery really. They also work good when the bike is off and you just flip the toggle switch. I have some small stem blinkers coming ups any day now as well as the Japanese version zx5r decal kit. Yes the front blinkers are after market blinkers and they work very well. I also have a 45 tooth rear sprocket and new chain on the way although i don't know if i want to put the sprocket on just yet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The way i have my lights set up is as follows. Main light on dim is shooting out a little further than stock, then i have one fog light right under that beam and then the second fog light aimed just under the first beam. So with the Fog's on i have a really well lit up night ride. Even with the high beam on the two fog lights cover the close up area and the high beam covers the distance ahead aread. Its almost like having the high and low beam on at the same time but alot brighter and wider

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can vouch that the Ninja 500 can throttle wheelie with stock gearing (not very high, maybe 4 inches). But it will come up with the clutch. I however do not recommend riding wheelies on this bike, the rear tire is just not wide enough to hold it straight and the balance point is just not there like it should be. But to answer peeps question, yes you can wheelie this bike but it is not very stable on one wheel.

·
Registered
722 Posts
bad lighting in the photos, looks like a dark grey and black in the others, need photo with less light, which is the total opposite of the probs with other peoples pics.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts