Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today in Ottawa was supposed to have a high of 8-9 degrees and sunny but the weather was crap. I didn't care though, I had a 5 month itch that needed to be taken care of. My bike started up on the 4th or 5th try and ran pretty smoothly, it was so nice to get back on the road...Just make sure to visit the gas station and pump some air in those tires, my back tire only had a PSI of about 18 when it should be at 40. Also had to be careful with the cold roads and gravel...Can't wait for Tuesday high of 18!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Tried to start mine today, no luck! I could scream. Took the carbs off and checked them out, they seemed pretty clean but the bike just won't fire.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Mine was the other week before we proceeded to get 12" of snow .. it was 75 and sunny got a little riding in cuz of work. Yes it was great to get back out there. Since have been working on the bike.

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
Hell yes it started. I put it away with only a gallon in the tank and no stablizer. battery was dead-ish so i had to give it a little encouragement, but it went.

course, i'm Fuel Injected now, so i expected it. i have a video i'll upload later.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I took mine out Friday in Peterborough with no problems, the weather was beautiful! Sunny and decent temps (around 10C).... I then proceeded to drive it to Ottawa sunday (about 270km), and i'm with you Yassoon the weather prediction was WAY off... it was a little cold, made a few timmies stops to warm up on the way! Had it out again today, rode it to Carleton from where I live. I *think* weather permitting it will be out everyday now :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bprintz said:
Had it out again today, rode it to Carleton from where I live. I *think* weather permitting it will be out everyday now :)
Dude! you go to Carleton? Me too, well only for another few weeks hopefully graduating soon (2 weeks). Is yours the '04 silver orange combo?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yassoon said:
Dude! you go to Carleton? Me too, well only for another few weeks hopefully graduating soon (2 weeks). Is yours the '04 silver orange combo?
That would be it... there today from like 11am - 1am this morning LOL... been a long day!

I'm done all but .5 credits this semester :S lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice, I was in the library until around 1:15am tonight, gotta love those assignments,,,I've got a blue EX, I've only brought it to school a few times,,,If you haven't cut off that rear fender with the huge GoodTime Centre license plate holder I suggest that you do it! too weird...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Fender's been off mine since late fall, I have a Cameron Cycle plate holder though (wasn't bought at OGTC)... let me know if you want to go for a ride sometime ;)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Woohoo ! Just did my first ride of the eason last Saturday :D

Didn't went very far, just moved the bike from my parents place to my new address.

It was 5 km but still was fun, didn't ride since August 2006

It was cold though (10*C/50*F before windchill factor)

It felt darn good to be back on the streets ;D

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
If you didn't live so close to the North Pole I would consider it . I tell ya what , you come down for the AMA Superbike races this month at Barbers and I'll ride back with ya ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hmm took mine out Sat (stored in North Gower) took a moment to start up (bat was low) but all was nice soon after.. let it run for a min or 2 then took her out on the road.. felt nice to get back out again.. Now to get some good fuel in there (currently 1/2 tank with sabil) and get her all ready for this rain/snow:( to work its way through Ottawa..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts