Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took the EX500 to the track this past weekend - it was a blast & really helped with some of my confidence in the corners. I was the slowest one out there, but I decided that my main goal was going to work on my corner entry & exit most of the time. Still have plenty of room for improvement (and much of it still in the braking/cornering area) but I don’t think it’ll be the last time she sees the track.

no real glamour shots, but this is after putting in a solid days work at Homestead-Miami Speedway

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hey Venom, I recognized the track based on your picture. I got fond memories of racing my EX there! Great days, used to do Champion Club Series in South FL years ago. EX was a terrific bike for me at the time, Lightweight Sportsman Class, used to run it in GT Lights too if my memory serves me correctly. Peace, gona be at the Motorcross track at Krome Ave, Wed night.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Venom, I recognized the track based on your picture. I got fond memories of racing my EX there! Great days, used to do Champion Club Series in South FL years ago. EX was a terrific bike for me at the time, Lightweight Sportsman Class, used to run it in GT Lights too if my memory serves me correctly. Peace, gona be at the Motorcross track at Krome Ave, Wed night.
Awesome!
I actually made the drive down from Tampa to go - Florida Track Days put on a pretty good event.
I was having a ton of trouble getting the hang of turns 3 & 4 (4 is the lower bowl turn, if you remember much of the track) but was feeling much better by the end of it. The middle SV on the trailer is my brothers, but the far SV is also mine - I'll probably leave that one at the house next time & just bring the EX; it's a ton of fun on the track. Was brutal being in the leather suit in August, though!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts