Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions. First relates to carb/jetting issues. I'm getting some serious power loss or flat spots between 4/5k rpm. I've only had the bike about a month now i bought it used (98 500r) My gas mileage has dropped significantly as well. I don't know alot about bikes but do feel the difference from a month ago. I have used the same gas as well as gas station with premium gas the entire time and not doing anything out of the ordinary. Would this be a carb issue or jet issue?? I'm having it serviced but the local shop is two weeks out on appointments and i don't know if i should continue riding it with it's current status.

Second question is off the subject but i just can't find the answer. Can anyone give me a link or tell me where i can find custom decals. I want to replace the 500r sticker with some custom ones I've seen people with. The ZX5R.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you're not doing the maintenance yourself, make sure the shop gives the carbs a thorough cleaning (including the jets), as I'm sure they will.

·
Registered
19,367 Posts
Your wasting money two ways, first premium gas is a waste and does nothing but lighten your wallet. Two the shop won't be able to help you with the flat spot. That will require removal of the Pilot plugs and a pilot adjustment. Both of these thing are against the law for the shop and they won't do it. They will give you a bunch of BS about how "thats normal they all do it"
Search Opening the pilots"

FOG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts