Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just relpaced my oil pan and sealed it with the red RTV (instead of the paper gasket). How long should I wait before refilling with oil? Do the pan bolts need Loc Tite?
Thanks in advance,
Rick in West TN

·
Registered
19,365 Posts
You'ev already waited long enough, And no the pan bolts need nothing.

FOG

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks again, FOG. Its really too chilly to ride anyway. Maybe the weather will be better tomorrow.
BTW, does AR-341 dead end at Norfork Lake? Is that a nice road to ride in your area? Good fishing there?

·
Registered
19,365 Posts
bibletoter said:
Thanks again, FOG. Its really too chilly to ride anyway. Maybe the weather will be better tomorrow.
BTW, does AR-341 dead end at Norfork Lake? Is that a nice road to ride in your area? Good fishing there?
The best place to ride 341 is south of that point. When you get to Rt 5 341 and 5 run together then just before the town of NorforK 341 heads west. This is the best part of it. 23 miles about 200 turns and three elevation changes of almost 100 feet. Hardly and intersections No traffic, no cops and the speed limit is 55 Mph and you mostly can't do it.

Then it T bones 14 which is another dynamite road either south or north 14 will take all you got and leave you sweating. you'll end up in MO.

These roads and many more in this area are a good reason why I live here. I live very near the portion of 341 the is laid on top of 5.

My only riding problem is a Sport oriented riding pal. It's so rural here that if you go off and get hurt you may never be found.

FOG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts