Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

401 - 420 of 467 Posts

·
Registered
19,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #401
Re: Fog Bones for sale

Never did the trig on that one. maybe a member with them can tell you.

FOG

·
Registered
1,006 Posts

This is a long over due posting,but I recieved my "FOG BONES" and they looked fantastic.Shipped quickly.Thanks "FOG"

They are on the shelf still waiting for some project time,but I will post when I have them installed.

A

·
0 Posts

The quality of the First Gen's from FOG really really impressed me, I was in awe actually. Not that I doubted but for anyone wanting to know...

·
Registered
1,334 Posts

fog a quick question iv got a gen 1 with a yellow spring SV650 shock my rear is already raised by 1 inch ride height what fog bones would be better ,..ones to raise by 1 inch (and ill purchase a ninja 300 shock ) or lower by 1 inch and keep the sv shock ??

·
Registered
19,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #408

Fog bones are all about achieving the optimum swing arm angle to equal the drive thrust angle. This has been interpreted to be a rise of 1 1/2 inches at the grab handle. If this is what you want you need a set of links (FOG BONES) made to accommodate that additional rise. I can do this.
Private email please

FOG

·
Registered
19,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #410

I could ,but I have no experience with that bike. Tell me what you want.

FOG

·
Registered
19,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #412

Yes up to 11/2" drop.
Same price as uppers.

FOG

·
Registered
19,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #413

A note to wives & girl friends, Fog Bones make good Christmas gifts

FOG

·
Registered
1,334 Posts

and birthday presents lol ...mine is FEB and if im lucky ( and a lot of huffing puffing about my sore back ) do all the DIY in the house and garden the gf might get me some of your fog bones and maybe a rear set

·
Registered
16 Posts

Sent FOG the payment and an email with my address just a few days ago, and the new links came in before expected. Pleasure doing business with you FOG.

·
Registered
144 Posts

Got my FOG bones very quickly after sending payment. Installed them this weekend along with a stiffer spring in rear -- really liking the new ride height! Only question is, why didn't I do this sooner.... Thanks FOG!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts

Melon rancher said:
Got my FOG bones very quickly after sending payment. Installed them this weekend along with a stiffer spring in rear -- really liking the new ride height! Only question is, why didn't I do this sooner.... Thanks FOG!
Cool to know! What is your height and weight?

·
Registered
144 Posts

Urbane said:
Melon rancher said:
6' and 180 lbs, 195 or so with gear. Put on a pregen EX250F spring in rear, cut 5" off my springs in front and put in 20W fork oil.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts

Melon rancher said:
Urbane said:
Melon rancher said:
6' and 180 lbs, 195 or so with gear. Put on a pregen EX250F spring in rear, cut 5" off my springs in front and put in 20W fork oil.
Hell yeah. I'm going w/ the pregen option too and at 185 w/ gear it works well enough for me. I'm only cutting 4.6" though to get a perfect 440# match F&R.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Ordered, Installed in 15 min, Best bang for the buck easily. Found the bike to be a lot smoother during acceleration out of the corners due to the swing arm being more in line with the motor sprocket. No sagging while accelerating which keeps my posture in tact to shift hips as well. Feels like a whole new ride.

401 - 420 of 467 Posts