Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

421 - 440 of 460 Posts

·
Registered
19,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
Re: Fog Bones for sale

Askspot said:
Ordered, Installed in 15 min, Best bang for the buck easily. Found the bike to be a lot smoother during acceleration out of the corners due to the swing arm being more in line with the motor sprocket. No sagging while accelerating which keeps my posture in tact to shift hips as well. Feels like a whole new ride.

Very preciptive Askspot,
The FOG Bones are popular around her for the rise of the rear and the steering quickness. But these attributes are really side affects. For racing I needed to stop the chassis from drooping under acceleration this caused all kinds os stability problems. The rise was simply caused by obtaining the correct swing arm angle to match the acceleration thrust.

Enjoy for what ever your reasons may be

FOG

·
Registered
6 Posts

hello, FOG,

I have same problem as other taller GPZ500 riders
I am 189 cm (6 ft 2 in) and I feel that I would like too have more space on the bike especially on my knees. Right now I need to sit very close to gas tank if I want to put my nees under the gas tank.

Questions:
1) will your FOG bones help on this issue ?
2) what cost of shippment to Lithuania (Europe) ?

I owned:
EX500, 2001, US model

·
Registered
19,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #423

Shipping to Lithuania. would be about $25

FOG

·
Registered
371 Posts

hi, just been reading this thread, I have a question, if raising the rear by lowering the angle of the swing arm will this not make the chain run on the swing arm slider wearing it out,

·
Registered
19,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #426

No

Yes

But once again FOG BONES are not about comfort or style. They are to improve the handling of your bike. Your should be willing to endure whatever discomfort you may suffer to achieve the best handling results.
I make one concession to short newbeeies, by making lowering bones, but include the proviso, to change to uppers as soon a reasonable proficiency is reached.

·
Registered
19,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #427

klaustukas said:
FOG said:

FOG
FOG do you have any pictures before and after the bones ?

Does this modification help for tall persons for better fitting on bike?

Here you go as labeled.

FOG

Attachments

·
Registered
1,368 Posts

FOG said:
klaustukas said:
FOG said:

FOG
FOG do you have any pictures before and after the bones ?

Does this modification help for tall persons for better fitting on bike?

Here you go as labeled.

FOG
For clarification, it may be on the centerstand in this picture BUT when off the centerstand the rear hardly dips down at all. So sit on the bike with the centerstand up and that is around where it will be.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts

FOG said:
No

Yes

But once again FOG BONES are not about comfort or style. They are to improve the handling of your bike. Your should be willing to endure whatever discomfort you may suffer to achieve the best handling results.
I make one concession to short newbeeies, by making lowering bones, but include the proviso, to change to uppers as soon a reasonable proficiency is reached.
Just installed these yesterday. I noticed a slight change in ease of steering, but braking felt weird! Aka... it works more like it is supposed to (like on my Bud's SV!). I'll report back after the track days!

Thanks,
Urbane!

Update: No fear of dragging pegs.. Ty Fog.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts

Hey FOG, would it be possible for 1st Gen EX to fit an 88~07 ninja 250, they OEM ones look very similar, as they both share that bugle look?

Thxs

·
Registered
19,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #431

Stock EX 500 Dog Bones will have the 250 dragging on the ground, Way too long.

FOG

·
Registered
19,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #433

e mail me with a direct request of what you want

FOG

·
Registered
127 Posts
Got my set of fog bones a few days ago. Shipping was very fast, ordered on Friday and they arrived Monday. Directions were straight forward and easy to follow. Took her for a ride, and I must say she feels like a completely different bike. Braking is much better and she is much more nimble in the corners. Excellent mod and worth every penny. Thanks FOG.

Dmende0919

·
Registered
19,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #435
FOG Bone price

Perusing the Ron Ayers site, I stumbled on the price of replacement Suspension links (dogbones) and was astounded to see K wanted $135 each or $270 a set.
Makes FOGBONES to be the bargin of the century

FOG

·
Registered
19,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #440
Just to keep you up dated I just finished making 6 sets of Fog Bones Get em while their hot

FOG

421 - 440 of 460 Posts