Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

461 - 467 of 467 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
New postal increase
Yes Still make these parts I will take down this add the minute stop.

do not private message me , I won't see it.

Just to re up this add. Yes I still make these.
as of 2/10/13 postal increase is reflected in posted price.

FOGBONES for 1st & 2nd gen bikes up or down. The uppers raise the rear 1 1/2 “. The downers are custom made to your requests. Same price $44 +shipping
See FOG # [email protected]
!st gen (1987-1993) is $74.00
2nd gen (1994- Present is $44.00
Please add shipping costs, $7.50 for US cities $18 to Canada
other countries call. ref: I've shipped to Europe for $XX.
Paypal is best for me, the account # is [email protected]
Other methods : Your check or US money order is fine to:

email Fog For my mailing Address Just realized the new site hides my email address
[email protected]

A set if installation instructions is packed in each shipment

I have been responding to inquires lately they ask "what FOGBONES do". So I thought this would be a Good place to put an explanation.

The Bones replace a suspension link and raise the rear of the bike about 1 1/2" at the grab handle. Why? These parts change the angle of the Swing Arm to put it more in line with the torque reaction of the tire, this reduces lift under hard drives,also they reduce the fork rake Angle and shorten the trail. these two changes quicken the steering and cause the bike to turn with less counter steering input. Finally braking is much improved by the greater weight shift to the front wheel (which does 90% of the braking). Ground clearance is improved as well allowing increased lean angle. I have added a slight bulge in the center to accommodate the slightly larger springs from the after market.
I developed this product during my long and successful race career (I quit before I was crippled ....too much)
Installation is a simple bolt off/on process that uses only hand tools and a jack or center stand.
I keep 2nd gens in stock and make 1st gens up special to order.

FOG

I get emails inquiring if I still make these, I assure you I do, and I will remove this add the Minuit I don't.

Fog's machine shop service.

I have decided I have some spare time available.
I have a pretty good machine shop and all the tools required to rebuild EX engines,
I am offering this service to all.
I can do.
Complete head re building including replacing seats and cutting them correctly.
I can re hone bore or replace sleeves if required including oversize one if you like.
I can not alter or repair crankshafts, but I can re fit new bearings into you bottom ends (not as simple as it may seem.
I'm retired and can turn your job around quickly for you racers.
Refrences on request.
Email for a quote for you job.

FOG
So I aware of the upper but not sure what you mean by the downers?
From your information and other posting I can see this will help me out in terms of handling and turning (great for NJ jughandles) and other things.

I am interested though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I aware of the upper but not sure what you mean by the downers?
From your information and other posting I can see this will help me out in terms of handling and turning (great for NJ jughandles) and other things.

I am interested though.
"Uppers" lift the bike, "downers" lower the bike.

·
Registered
30 Posts
"Uppers" lift the bike, "downers" lower the bike.
Ok so to make sure I’m not confusing myself. So it basically an option of upper and downer not a combo of the two ?
For someone like me who just plans on riding it a lot what would be better. im also only 5’6 if that is of any importance.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I believe the uppers will give you better handling, I don't think the ones that lower the bike improve it at all, but @fog would be the one to answer that definitively

·
Registered
19,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #465
Pleas FOGBONES raise the rear to align the force vector with the swing arm angle, this optimizes handling.
Lowering bones are not fog bones they are for girls just learning to ride, to be removed soon thereafter.

FOG

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ok, the man has spoken. What should we call you lowering ones? Fog's lady bones?

although Im trying not to be sexist... I originally thought about getting a set of lowering ones when I first got my bike because I have short legs and wanted to feel more secure with the ability to flat foot it, but after a few rides I realized it wasnt needed and I kept the bike as it is (different dog bones on it that raised the rear a bit, not FOG's but they came on the bike when I bought it).

461 - 467 of 467 Posts