Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I hate to type.

I am no longer going to give detailed explanations on how to do stuff that's been covered a hundred times. I'll just do a diagnosis and you go search out the fix.
Maybe I just give out a number like

Plugged Pilot circut #1

Leaky float valves #2

etc. etc.

FOG

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
That's fair enough.

·
Registered
27 Posts
(Old man voice): "Back in MY day, we used to WRITE things down on PAPER,...with a PENCIL! Then we'd put the whole she-bang in an ENVELOPE, and MAIL it to the person! We'd wait WEEKS to find out we had a clogged pilot jet!"

R

·
0 Posts
Bravo12 said:
(Old man voice): "Back in MY day, we used to WRITE things down on PAPER,...with a PENCIL! Then we'd put the whole she-bang in an ENVELOPE, and MAIL it to the person! We'd wait WEEKS to find out we had a clogged pilot jet!"
AND WE LIKED IT!!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
FOG said:
Because I hate to type.

I am no longer going to give detailed explanations on how to do stuff that's been covered a hundred times. I'll just do a diagnosis and you go search out the fix.
Maybe I just give out a number like

Plugged Pilot circut #1

Leaky float valves #2

etc. etc.

FOG
"STFA" is a common reply on the Audi forum...The first word is "search"

·
Registered
97 Posts
Maybe you should write a book on the ex 500 and sell copies. I'd buy one. I don't blaim you one bit for not wanting to type all that stuff down every time you get asked the same question,and its more than fair enough for me. The mods should put up a sticky for what your #s mean and everybody can just referr to that.

Z

·
0 Posts
I think the subject line on many individuals posts could be much more descriptive so when searching, you would be able to pick out relevant threads much easier. Typing: help with me this or hmmmm, I wonder what's wrong? Doesn't do much good when searching through several hundred threads.

·
Registered
192 Posts
i agree... this forum could deal with a bit of re-org. how about FOG just have a whole section devoted to him :p

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
the search works well. you can have it display results as posts as the post itself is also searched, not just the topic title.

The whole thing about topic titles that are not specific is that many times when someone is experiencing a problem, they don't really know what's going on and cannot accurately give a proper snapshot for a title. any administrator/moderator can change the title of the thread, as can the original thread starter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts