Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Well I am torn with this swap question. The reason I wanted to Do the swap was for adjustability and better stopping but I have to bikes one for the streets (94) and the old horse that I will be racing at Loudon. for race bike has to be stock for the production twin race, but I would like to play with the street bike (just for fun.)

on a side note, I had a cbr600f3 (97) and ninja 750R (97) gxsr600 (02) and now I race a cbr600f41 and ride my wife's ex-250 to work :D but to go out with the guys I ride the beast 1994 ex-500 ;D :D

I just have more fun on the ex's

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
here's a shot of mine:

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am still learning bike mechanics so forums like yours are great, but don't pass comments whilst still learning. Tony.

·
Registered
19,309 Posts
Way back when I was racing ,I too though I needed better brakes (true) and adapted a Kaw 600 front end to my modified racer.
I was a unmitigated disaster, the thing was so heavy it controlled the frame instead of the other way round, think too much unsprung weight ,and the brakes weren't that hot either.
Better brakes can be had though ,
get a new floating disc and fit HH sintered pads. this break will lift the rear tire.
Don't waste your money unless the saloon crowd is all you ant to impress ( forget that too with an EX)

FOG

·
Registered
19,309 Posts
Please read my piece in the how too section on:
"Complete front caliper service

FOG

21 - 30 of 30 Posts