Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I am a proud ex500 owner since August now, and finally, today, I decided to join this beautiful forum. I've been reading your threads for months, and I found a close and passionate community always ready to help.
Actually, I'm restoring my bike, that has been badly transformed in café Racer: missing fairings, cut frame, electrical issues, and so on, but yet I resist. I'm looking forward to show you all the final result, hoping it will be decent. For now, I'm dealing with minor issues as neutral light and oil pressure light always on, and runs I made spraying a thick layer of clear coat. Also, I need to rewield the rear part of the frame in order to install the original fairings, but I stay positive.

This is my first bike and I'm learning a lot of things. I really hope to contribute to the growth of the forum and help people, and of course, to show everyone my bike once finished!

·
Super Moderator
6,552 Posts

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Welcome! Where in Italy are you?

·
Registered
19,523 Posts
red flag!! oil light on = no oil pressure .you need to burp it. loosen oil filter til it leaks a Little . the crank it till it spurts. tighten filter .oil light should go out

FOG

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Awesome. Looking forward to your contributions....and LOTS of pictures! 😁

Reactions: PhantomLord

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A couple of upgrades.

I don't know if it's the right section, if not, let me know and I will open a new thread.
Anyways, here's my bike as it is now:

The tachometer is finally connected, and everything is working, also the oil pressure light issue (thanks a lot FOG). Actually, I'm trying to figure it out why the neutral light is always on, but I still got time because I am connecting the front arrows. Unfortunately it looks like the harness has been modified, and I have to find a negative wire to connect them (the colors of the wires of the arrow are white and green, I suppose white is negative), but nothing difficult. I also replaced a couple of fuses because I messed up with a couple of connections, but fortunately now everything is back in place.
Also, I'm looking for a new lamp connector (the small one) which looks impossible to find, but I'm faithful.
I'm going to install the repainted fairings soon, got a bit of orange peel, but hey, it's amateur stuff, and Saturday I will finally purchase an old frame from a 1st gen ex500 (I read on the forum that they're swappable). So, I finally will rewield the rear part and install the fairings and the original plate holder!
I know I'm writing a lot of stuff, but who knows, maybe this thread could be helpful to someone who's dealing with my same issues.

For now, I want to reward everyone's enthusiasm by posting a couple of pics.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts