Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already PM'd FOG, but I thought I'd post a topic in case other people in the future have this issue:

I recently bought new rotors and while I was changing my rotors I noticed one of the dust seals on my caliper was shot, so I am in the middle of a caliper service, got it all back together and the line is bled (fresh fluid and no more air). Everything is cool except one thing, there is no resistance in the brake lever and the pistons aren't coming out at all... SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE! I WANT TO RIDE! Thanks.

·
Registered
270 Posts
it could be in the way you reassembled the caliper, how did it feel while bleeding it?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up having to bleed the Master Cylinder. All else is good now!

·
Registered
19,362 Posts
Not to pick on A.Lee, but just to mention.
I wrote the proper way to service a Brake caliper in the How to section. This is not a list of "suggestion" that you can pick and choose from. It is a procedure that will guarantee that you get a good working brake in the minimum time with the least work. This has been proven true hundreds of times in my shop. If your only do some half measure or overlook a step than you will have some sort of problem.

FOG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts