Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

I know this one have been up megazillions of times but the question still remains.
I have an EU GPz500S 1996 with dual front rotors.
When I search the internet the specs say 270mm and thats what I measure too. But most dealers list 280mm rotors for the bike.
I am confused.
Does the caliper have room for that extra 5 mm?

Where is the cheapest place in US to buy EBC floating rotors?
Shipped to Dallas.

Best regards,
Northwood

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
hi. the front rotor on single disc models is 280mm. on twin disc models it's 270mm does that 5mm matter yes it does.
that is basic information however there are complications because it depends on the model you have.
you say it's a euro model in the US so a grey import (imported privately) the exact type of disc will depend on the model if it's a B model (single piston calliper) Gen1 or a E model (twin piston calliper) Gen2 will determine what type and size of rotor you can use.
the twin disc models tend to have a shorter off set on the fork to calliper btm mount. this requires a smaller disc however some euro model bikes have the wider btm mounting with adjustable calliper mounting plate. to take the stock 270mm rotor on these you can use a 280mm disc (but it it's a tight fit) it all depends on the model/type of bike you have.

sorry no idea where you can get 270mm floating discs in the US.

·
Super Moderator
6,627 Posts
^ The bike is in Denmark

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Im sorry not to make myself clear.
I live in Denmark so its a EU model, but I have a friend in Dallas who would have tossed the rotors in his bag next time he visit Denmark.
But as I hear you the chances of finding 270mm rotors in US are very slim.
And no floating rotors either.
Im gonna search EU then.
It looks like the EBC MD4144 is the one to get.

And 2x MD4144 I purchased :)

Thx :)

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Contact EBC directly. They can make up specials, upon request. Or try Galfer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts