Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I’ve been using the site for a very long time but I have never posted. My first street bike was a 500 back when I was 17, 15 years ago, and I just picked up another one. As a hobby I’ve made a few videos while doing maintenance and odds and ends on my bike. They’re not the most in depth step by step how to’s but I think some people might get some help out of them. Like I said, just a hobby. Here is a video I put together from changing my front tire.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I take it you're a fan of the Primitive Technology channel on YouTube? :)

Good vid. But you didn't cover balancing. Which is honestly the one thing keeping me from changing tires at home (that and I like to support the local shop).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I take it you're a fan of the Primitive Technology channel on YouTube? :)

Good vid. But you didn't cover balncing. Which is honestly the one thing keeping me from changing tires at home (that and I like to support the local shop).
I have never balanced a single one of my own tires on any of the dozen bikes I’ve owned and have never had an issue. Not saying you shouldn’t do it of course, just my experience. I have weights and a balancing stand somewhere I use to use at the shop I worked at but I’ve never been able to tell a difference honestly. Thanks for watching.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I used to balance my wheels. Now I just use balance beads. All my tires have worn very evenly.

Reactions: cpug

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This! I have a No Mar Motorcycle Tire Changer (love it!) and I use the Harbor Freight to balance. I've gotten a few tires that had to have weights added.
I have a No Mar as well. They are very nice indeed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts