Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My two front turn signals on my 2008 ninja 500 are loose they only have the rubber holding into the fairing seeing as how I have just purchased the bike 2 months ago I’m new to it wondering if it is supposed to be like that or if I have to fix it and how. Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Check and see if there's a plate screwed into the base of the turn signal - it sandwiches the rubber mount against the fairing. If yours is missing, you can either replace it or leave it alone (provided the turn signals aren't falling off all the time).

One of my signals is like that. While it wiggles more than the other, it saved me from buying a turn signal the one time I parked downhill in neutral set it down carefully in my driveway - all I had to do was pop it back on and I was good to go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the plates I removed from my front signals I can give you if you need them. Just reply here and we can work it out.
That being said, I removed mine for a reason. If they are installed and you lay your bike over, no matter how lightly, it will cause the front fairing to crack 99% of the time. My front fairing is already cracked on one side from a PO and when I laid it down (luckily on that side) in a parking lot at low speed it just popped out even with the metal plate installed. From just that incident I could tell I had to remove them. The signals themselves stay in place for as high a speed as the bike is capable of for as long as you have the road to hold it there in my experience. They don't seem to bounce or move any more than with the plates installed. I live in Seattle where there's plenty of potholes to test this theory and I have yet to finish a ride with a signal dangling in over 8 wonderful years of ownership.
Cheers!
-Dylan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts