Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am having a hard time getting my front wheel back on. It seems that the disc doesn't want to go back between the caliper pads...how do you do it?

·
Registered
19,363 Posts
Spread them with a screw driver.

FOG

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
k i got the disc in between the pad but now i cannot cannot cannot get the axel bolts to thread on. helpful hints will prevent me from self destructing.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah ha! i got it. damn i never knew it was possible to get so mad at an axel :S

·
Registered
19,363 Posts
The degree of difficulty associated with understanding any mechanical assembly is directly inversely proportionall to the weight of grey matter applied to the task.

FOG

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
If you are going to use a screwdriver to pry the pads, pry betweem the caliper and the backing plate on the inside pad. If you pry the pads apart you run a good chance of chewing up the braking surface.

I use a 6" "C" clamp to push the pistons in SLOWLY. I have also used a large pair of pliers.

·
Registered
19,363 Posts
Read the guy's post. His caliper is on the fork, he just pulled the wheel out and there is only a small slit between the pads. How do you propose to get a C clamp in there?

FOG

·
Registered
43 Posts
Isn't it easier just to take the caliper off? Then refit the wheel, then refit the caliper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts