Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
try it without the fuel fitter in place (straight from tank to carbs) if that doesn't fix it could be your fuel rail is blocked.

·
Administrator
07 Ducati SS800 '95 Ducati 900SS/SP '19 Honda CBR650R
16,261 Posts
suggest to TEMPORARILY.....get rid of the way oversized inline filter, run a 5/16 ID fuel hose direct to your fuel input.

LONG TERM.........
strongly suggest this:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I don't have long enough 5/16" line. I purchased the filter ducatiman recommended but removed it when trying my current setup since the fuel line is too small to accommodate it and now I can't find it. So I ordered my 5.16" line and a new filter. I'll report back once I get everything setup and tested again. Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Your floats may be moving but the float valv is sticking

Fog
Please correct me if I'm wrong. Would this mean that both float vales would have to be sticking? Assuming I emptied both float bowls, then one bowl should fill if only one valve were sticking, right? Is it common for both to stick?

·
Registered
2003 500R
24 Posts
If I were in your position I would check to see how much vacuum you're getting from the carb to the petcock.

Then I'd wet test the carbs to see where the floats are set

If everything is reasonable from there I'd split the carbs to see if there's debris in the fuel intake fitting/line or in the carbs before the float.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
So I got the filter and 5/16" fuel line. I hooked it all up and leaving the float bowls off I let some fuel flow out but it's just a dribble. I had about 2 ounces of fuel in the line and it took a few minutes to drain it. I used a pick to pull down on the float valves a touch but it didn't make a difference.

I'll look into wet testing the carbs. I haven't done that before. Since I have the float bowls off would it be useful to first remove the floats and valves and check the flow to rule out a clogged fuel intake line/fitting?

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
if it was me while the carbs are down I would remove them and split the carbs to check the fuel rail isn't blocked, sounds very much like the rail is bunged up with crud or corrosion on the inside.

·
Administrator
07 Ducati SS800 '95 Ducati 900SS/SP '19 Honda CBR650R
16,261 Posts
if your seats look anything like this, you've nailed your problem

Motor vehicle Bicycle part Gas Automotive wheel system Machine

• Helpful
Reactions: FlipFlop
21 - 30 of 30 Posts