Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back a few year when I was still working. I had ridden my VFR one day, after lunch with most of an hour to kill I went for a ride. I came across a lovely spot overlooking a pond with ducks and deep grass. SO I park the bike on a slight down hill on the side stand , and settle into the grass for a nap. OK I wear hearing aide and I removed them for my nap.
Next thing I know a Little old lady is tapping me on the shoulder and asking "are you alright sonny?" I sit up and start to put in my aides and see my bike lying out in the middle of the road. It had rolled down the hill off the side stand and toppled over in the middle of this country road.
While picking up the bike and looking it over one of the Local finest shows up whit Siren Blaring and Lights flashing. Turns out Auntie had called 911 to report a dead guy lying in the grass and motorcycle parts all over the place. Well the short of it is the Constable wants to give me a ticket for failure to ride right or something, and won' hear that I wasn't even on the bike. Just about the time He was ready to haul me off to the pokey for ressiting arrest. A State Trooper shows up Pulls rank and seems to understand my story. and since there is no damage and no victim lets me go.

This is in CT around 1995

FOG

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Sure shows how the personality & level of "common sense" in a policeman/trooper can make a heck of a difference!

·
Registered
270 Posts
hahaha.... I wish I could have that kind of leisure.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
That's a funny one !! :D

·
Registered
19,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lucky#13 said:
is the story For real ?
Absolutlly certified for real. I even shortened it a bit but leaving out most of the argument with the constable.

FOG

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
That's a CLASSIC! ;D

I see multiple charges.

1)Wreckless parking.
2)Camping without a permit.
3)Sleeping in public while hearing impaired.
4)Loss of control of an unmanned vehicle.
5)Failure to yield sleeping area in a protected wetland.
6)Aggravated awakening on a protected wetland.
7)Littering (must have left something in the road).
8)Felony staging of a false accident.
9)Instigating a false police report.
10)And, of course, resisting arrest for not meekly acknowledging every one of those charges.

And then there's the civil suits from the duress caused the old lady. :eek: Some folks are just natural born criminals. ;D

·
Registered
19,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's the part I was refering to. The Constable figured he had me dead to rights on 1, 4,and 10. and was determined he was going to ticket me for one of them.

FOG

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
FOG said:
That's the part I was refering to. The Constable figured he had me dead to rights on 1, 4,and 10. and was determined he was going to ticket me for one of them.

FOG
well, he had to make the money spend on fuel and time lost on patrol somehow... good story FOG, i enjoyed myself throughly.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just spill my juice, hahahahaha

·
Registered
94 Posts
Nice story. I can almost see it now, awoken from a dreamy sleep and the confusion of the situation, still waking up, along comes johnny law and wants to put Mr groggy in the can for causing so much trouble.
(you may have looked kind of loopy having just woken up )
and scaring the little old lady!

FOG, even when your sleeping, your a H#LL raiser !

·
Registered
405 Posts
that's very funny. Just goes to show the idiocy of some people.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Bahahaha! Hilarious to say the least. The only thing funnier would've been if you woke up and she was poking you with a stick to see if you were alive :p.

·
Registered
348 Posts
she called you "sonny"? Damn she must've been old. ;D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts