Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a pic of their fuse box cover, preferably the inside cover? Mine doesn't have a cover and I am sure the inside has a diagram of what fuses are for what, and which fuses go where. If anyone can help me out it would be nice.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Not my image, but here you go.

There's a few revisions of these fuse boxes; I've no idea what the differences might be.

Image is reportedly from a 2000 model. (26021-1089)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
lazy cackle said:
There's a few revisions of these fuse boxes; I've no idea what the differences might be.

Image is reportedly from a 2000 model. (26021-1089)
My '09 has a 26021-1089 label on the junction box itself, and the image on the cover looks identical to that.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks that will help even more. Are all of your fuses 10 amp? I know that a couple of mine are 20 and 30. I will check out numbers and everything this weekend.

A separate question where is the accessory hook up? I seen on the pic above yours that there is an accessory fuse. I know that on a 4vwheeler that it is on the handlebars, but where on the ex500?

·
Registered
235 Posts
berserk81 said:
where is the accessory hook up?
I think you have to connect accessories to one of the spare pins on the fuse box. The wiring diagram tells me that one spare pin goes through the headlight fuse and the other through the accessory fuse.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
That's a pic I took of my bike. Those are the exact fuses in it, all matching the numbers on the diagram on the cover.

There's one extra pin on the junction box that doesn't have a matching wire in the connector (on one of the corners) - that's connected to the Accessory fuse. I previously asked about getting the exact part needed (female connector of the right size with a locking tab) to add a wire to the harness, without really getting any info. Some day someone should figure that out...

The wiring diagram shows it getting power through the brown wire from the ignition switch in the On position, but mine seems to be hot all the time. It also shows the fan running off the brown wire, and it can keep running after shutting the bike off, so that seems reasonable. However, I'm not sure if that brown wire is always hot, or if they get power somewhere else. I basically just hooked up my charger and noticed that my phone was still charging after taking the key out.

·
Super Moderator
6,147 Posts
The main fuse, that is not in the fuse box is 30 amps.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Main fuse is located under the starter solenoid plug, red cover, at the left side of the bike, behind the side fairing.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Keep in mind, gen1 fuse box is different than gen2. What year is yours?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts