Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

I might be able to talk a distributor into carrying them, what is your position on wave rotors?

• I want them, what is the part#.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll wait for someone else to run them.

• My brakes are good enough as is.

• I have a different front end

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be able to talk a major distributor into carrying the wave rotors for the EX. That being said, how many people here are interested in getting them? I really really want a set for my bike but getting them is problematic w/o getting one of the big distributors to pick them up.

·
Registered
19,367 Posts
Wave Rotors are disc rotors tha the prepherpy is cut in a wavy pattern. Supposed to work better, by wiping themselvs clean. They look like flowers.
Weather they are better than the EBC floaters is the real question and off course How much? Or are they just shinny things

FOG

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had EBC's, stock rotors, wave rotors and superbike rotors on my R1 (3 sets of wheels and tires) and a bunch of extra calipers/masters/lines...

The EBC floaters are better than the stock in terms of feel when matched to the EBC brake pads. The wave rotors have a better initial bite (by far) than the stockers or EBC and have a very linear feel to them. I should note that they are not floaters, MSRP will be $139.95

The superbike rotors are very much a track only rotor as they have a HARD bite and have a lot of shudder at low speed due to the cuts on the rotor. For the 500 I think that the wave rotors are the best solution (w/o swapping to a brembo, ISR, or Beringer master) so I'm figuring out what needs to be done to make it happen for everyone..

·
Registered
216 Posts
That's a good price - I paid about $110 for OE style rotor from old bike barn. Lots of bling factor for $30.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts