Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
now that's lucky! best i've gotten to date was a tank of premium gas for the same price as regular due to a screw up.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
every thursday at citgo here, there is a gas sale, where they are all the price of regular...

not really a sale unless you run premium... but if you do, then good deal!

·
Registered
19,367 Posts
dragknee said:
every thursday at citgo here, there is a gas sale, where they are all the price of regular...

Don't ever , ever buy anything from Citgo. They are a wholly own corporation by the Venezuelan Dictator Ceazer Chavez who hates America.

FOG

·
Registered
348 Posts
FOG said:
dragknee said:

Don't ever , ever buy anything from Citgo. They are a wholly own corporation by the Venezuelan Dictator Ceazer Chavez who hates America.

FOG
For once I agree with FOG. I won't buy from Citgo either, simply for that reason. Gas prices are goin' up around me, today I paid $2.90 for regular

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
My sister-in-law stopped for gas once here in town and I think it was supposed to be $2.35 or something. She didn't look at the price on the pump and filled up. It was actually set up for $0.235 so she got a full tank for a couple of bucks. Good times. They realized the mistake when she went in and paid, but they didn't charge her more they just fixed the pumps.

mycat8urskidoo said:
we're up to like 3.29 for regular, and around 3.50 for premium, and we're in the boring a$$ state of ohio
Same here in IN.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey, id hate america too if they tried to have me killed and tried to overthrow my government.

but yeah, he must REALLY hate us... since he DID give 25M gallons of fuel oil to poor NYC families for 40% of the retail cost...

i wouldnt really say he is a dictator either, as venezuela is a presidential republic...

he got elected with 60% of the vote. dictators (like saddam) usually get 99-100% of the vote, since they are the only one running, and any opposition is usually taken out back and shot in the face.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I always just avoided Citgo around here because they were more expensive and the stations were outdated. Chavez or not, I don't walk inside to prepay, bishes! I still occasionally go to one because they have Diet Sunkist and aren't far from the interstate. It helps them out that they share a parking lot with a Taco Bell, too.

·
Registered
241 Posts
i am just wondering............ how does the credit card company charge the gas stations....... on a per transaction basis? or per monthly fee basis? this is assuming its a busy station with a big name, like shell.........

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i dont think so. at least not where i work. albeit that is a restaurant not a gas station, but credit cards are credit cards ya know...

i think we just pay them 3% monthly, or every other month...

·
Registered
241 Posts
ok thanks dragknee..........

i was thinking if it cost them 50 cents + 3% per transaction.........we can all put in like 2 dollars of gas, then stop then swipe card then put in 2 bucks....... that'll be way more effective then boycotting one station.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
sonyminidiscman said:
ok thanks dragknee..........

i was thinking if it cost them 50 cents + 3% per transaction.........we can all put in like 2 dollars of gas, then stop then swipe card then put in 2 bucks....... that'd be way more effective then boycotting one station.
That's already been tried here.. And then some peoples ran out of space on their card, they discovered that when you swipe your card, they hold something like 75$ for the day no matter how much you take.. then release the balance around midnight of something alike..

I've also got Visa calling me last summer.. I made a quick run to Quebec city (300km) and back (another 300km) I filled before leaving, halfway, in Qc city, halfway back and when I came back.. Visa called me when I was back, they were asking if my card was stolen.. I did the whole trip and back in 6 hours (had to say hi to a couple of buddies before coming back ;))

1 - 20 of 23 Posts