Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks;

Hopefully I can get some advice from you, I’ve been experiencing some issues with my bike that began when I installed a gas filter, I’m sure you all know that it’s not easy to make it fit, I had to run longer gas lines and now when the tank gets half full, the gravity is not strong enough to push the gas downward to the point of the bike stalling. So, when the odometer hits 120 miles I’m forced to change the petcock to the reserve position to keep the bike from acting up. I unplugged the vacuum hose from the petcock because the diaphragm doesn’t work anymore and I believe this is a separate issue, am I wrong? I truly appreciate any pointers that you can give me.

·
Registered
2009 Ninja EX500r
220 Posts
Could be a kink in the line, could be a wrong too restrictive fuel filter. I have the inline fuel filter and get 220ish miles before I need to switch to reserve.

·
Administrator
07 Ducati SS800 '95 Ducati 900SS/SP '19 Honda CBR650R
16,175 Posts
Reactions: FlipFlop

·
Registered
2009 Ninja EX500r
220 Posts
How often do you have to change the inline filter?
For me I have not changed it yet, installed it March of 2021 about 5k on it so far, it is clear enough and located in a way I can see it with some finesse.
Best alternative is quoted below, as you will not need the extra fiddling to achieve the same results.

This would be your best fuel filter option>easy fuel filter ALTERNATIVE....YES!
agreed, with a return to standard length and routed fuel line would eliminate delivery issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts