Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a fuel tank for my 89. I found one that's looks in good condition the only difference I see in the tank from mine is there are 2 hoses looked to be the size of a fuel line right at the front on the bottom of the tank. Maybe breathers. I don't hAve them on my tank. I don't want to buy the tank if it's not right. I found it on ebay unfortunately I can't post a pic to show. Any thoughts.

Scott

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I think it's called a California tank. you can use one if you do something to the pipes. not sure exactly what that is.
here in the UK we don't have them. one of the guys from the US will know. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. Seems easy enough. I just didn't see anything about the gas cap. Not sure if it's different for the vent system. I just wanted to swap my cap over.

·
Super Moderator
6,761 Posts
The CA gas cap is a little different, but only on the inside. You're good to go on switching the old one over.

Reactions: ducatiman

·
Registered
265 Posts
Such a bunch of crap those CA models. I had one in NJ and it sucked out loud, different cams, cdi, charcoal canisters, vent hoses, just a rolling pile of poop. It was not an EX but a ZL600, glad I finally got a great one from Team Green with the little EX. Good luck with the tank swap, you should gut the gas cap of those diaphrams, just me though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts