Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as gauges and meters go for my 2002 500R, what are the options I have, besides finding an old stock one to use? Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Try to check for universal meters ?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
nah, I avoided that hassle and used my original cluster.

besides, it tend to affect the resell way less... Peoples can see the original mileage ;)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Is it much complicated to install it ?

how many input wires are there on those ?

Is it a hassle to tune it ?

Which model did you end up picking ? (none for Ninja 500)

·
Registered
48 Posts
surge2k said:
As far as gauges and meters go for my 2002 500R, what are the options I have, besides finding an old stock one to use? Thanks!!
I built a small compact cluster last week. It has a speedo and small led warning lights housed in a black electronics box. I'll post a picture today. Might build a similar box for the tach.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
^ I would like to see that :)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Can you do a step by step writeup on the install with pictures ?

I got the feeling that I'll use it a some point ;D

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
i sure can. :)

what ive gathered from what ive read about it, you can use your stock speedo drive, or you can use their magnet (like on a bicycle) which supposedly is more accurate. ill probably end up using that.

other than that i think you just have to wire everything else in. i.e. turn signals, hi beam indicator, neutral indicator, oil light etc. i think there are wires for each of those on that speedo, so you just have to find the wires that go to that on your bike and connect them.

ill probably order it monday or something :)

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
the only thing it doesnt have is a temperature gauge. they do make one with it though. check out the site, they have a bunch of options.

i may just order a cheapo small autometer temp gauge and mount that too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for your responses. I think I am going to stick with the original gauges...i just gotta find a way to mount them now since I am not using the front frame.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
What are the specs of the speed indicator ? Are you using the stock cable ?

Nice setup ;D

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
I got ace-2702 and it was 130 out the door. 119 + 10 shipping. I got a pm from a guy on here today that said if you mention "customfighters.com group buy" then its 90... but I ordered mine before I knew about that :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts