Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again. I have this seat, re-covered. It is for a 1st gen, I believe the design is "Gunfighter" or "Gunfighter and lady". Anyway, As you will see in the pic, it looks a lot like the second gen Corbin sitting next to it. It is likely lower than stock seat height. As the seat has not been produced for over 20 years, this has some oxidation on the rivets, etc.
I bought it from Ebay, found it did not fit and sold it on here, at a loss, only to have it returned for seat height and shipping damage of a tear in the forward corner, furthering my loss. Moral of the story: this seat is now as is, these pics are from today, it is a seat that fits 1st gens, as verified by a member, but the seat height may be lower than stock...all Corbins are unless you order them differently. There are no tears, it fits, and it is what it is. I will sell for $300 plus, I will split the shipping with you. I sent this from Kentucky to California, it cost me 72 bucks for 2nd day. I think it cost 70 bucks for the post office to lose it for 2 weeks and then get it back to me. If you get it and don't like it...seat height is not right, or you don't like that it has oxidized aluminum rivets, or that it's probably older than your wife (it is older than mine)...that can't be my fault, or my problem. I'm just trying to sell a seat, not running a Walmart, or any other customer service organization.
So you understand where I am, and if my text has a tone to it, I spent about 310 or something in that vicinity on Ebay. Another 72 shipping, plus like 35 shipping back, plus 85 to repair, I am in over 500 for a seat that doesn't fit my bike, and that can't be your problem. But, if you want a seat for a 1st gen, here's one for 300 plus some shipping. These are sitting on 1" thick extrafirm Sunmate foam, which will make up part of the base of the second Corbin in the pic. Just for anybody wondering. The Sunmate cushions and their "Pudgee" cushion (memory foam-ish) seem like they will be a great combination for re-cushion projects. That "pudgee" thing...when I am not sitting on an exercise ball (I use one for my desk at work and at home for sitting actively, which is good for the motorcycle muscles) that Pudgee is awesome stuff.
So, anyway, if you are still interested after all my griping, hit me up. If not, I understand.
That is a first gen Corbin, my 2nd gen Corbin project and the seat from my current 2nd gen, for comparison purposes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If nobody is interested, I'm just gonna have to get a first gen to fix up around this seat.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I had a 1st gen I'd take it in a heart beat.
It really is a nice seat. I am looking forward to re-working the Gen2 saddle. The guys that fixed the cover did a great job on the saddle, and they were able to put a "Purple" brand "royal" seat cushion under the fabric of my Camry seat, which now makes my Camry driveable. SO, after I come up with the perfect saddle foam/shape configuration, I know I have some guys to cover it!
Anyway, it is back in the box that it got shipped to me in, tightly wrapped. Ready to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts