Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well 235 miles later, I like them. They balanced up nicely with minimal lead, scrubbed in really quickly all the way from edge to edge with no holy you know what drama. The bike likes a bit more pressure in the radials than the bias's want. For the spirited first couple hundred miles, I think they are going to be worth the price of admission. For some of the reviews that I've read that say you can't push these tires.... Gonna Have To Give That A Couple Of Pinocchio's. I wasn't being a wanna be Rossi but I wasn't going slow and easy either. If you want to try a really nice set of tires for the EX, give them a go.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just got these mounted today, but got cursed with rain for the next couple days. What’re you running for pressures? Can’t wait to try them out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Running them a little higher pressures than stock. Go up or down a little and see where you like them from the old baseline. Just down in twisty and hilly southern Ohio yesterday. They went around corners fairly well.....The directional arrows at the edges were reached. Love them :) If they hold up like they say they do, they are a score.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Not sure who out there is claiming these tires can't be pushed around the corners but as you have found out, they certainly can be. I've scrubbed my toes and lower fairing on the back road curves out here several times with the Pilot Street Radials. If you ride your EX frequently, you'll be impressed with the mileage these are capable of, which it sounds like is something you've read about at this point. Both rear PSR's I've run went to 16,000+ miles front AND rear. Most I ever got out of a bias ply rear (Sport Demon, BT45, etc.) was 10,000 miles and that was past the point of being totally bald down the middle. I am never going back to the old bias ply's, absolutely no reason to.

I am currently running the Pilot Road 5's on my EX instead of the PSR's this time around. Wanted to see the difference between the two. Currently 7,000 miles in and they're wearing at about the same rate as the PSR's. They perform marginally better at the limits, but that's about it. Not sure if it was worth the price premium over the PSR's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts