Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to post this up...

So I get a phone message from a friend of mine who spent the weekend on a track in OK. He's no slouch of a rider, and has a big burly K1200RS. He called to let me know he got passed on the track by a...

1) Girl...
2) ...on an EX500!

Given that I am
1) a girl...
2) who has an EX500
it totally made my day!

Go Ninja!

·
Registered
348 Posts
He was puttering around a track on a BMW! Of course he got passed by a real bike! :D

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I take it the RS model doesn't have the hard bags? That was my first thought, I couldn't help but laugh thinking of someone dragging luggage in the turns :p.

Score one more for the little gals and guys.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does have hard bags, and there are some hilarious pics of him all loaded up with 2 weeks of camping gear, scraping it around the turns on the street on his way from TX to the Grand Canyon/Tahoe last year. The bags, of course, come off for the track. I think he wrote a story for the BMW owners mag about that trip and it's going to be published this spring.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Go Ninja indeed :D

Could we get these links ? please ? :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, if you're talking about links to my friend's pics and article, there aren't any. Maybe I could find the pic though. If so I'll post up. I don't think the article is out yet - think it comes out in April or May. I'm not sure how to get my hands on one, not being in the BMW "club..."

R

·
0 Posts
Nick, you've been real catty with me lately! Is it that time of the month princess??

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Nick D said:
Nah, I treat all my friends like that. All three of them. :D
Regular folks he's nice to! ;D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts