Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did it today, 20mins with the bank and 30 more at the dealer and its mine. ;D

Yup I've traded in the Ninja on a 2007 Honda VFR800 in dark candy red. I've always wanted a VFR and on Monday one will be mine, actually #29 off the assembly line this year will be mine. Pictures too follow next week when I bring it home

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Cool. Keep us posted on differences in handling, MPG, comfort, insurance $$, and whatever else comes to mind. Looks like the ex-500 members are getting quite the extended family.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Enjoy it and don't be a stranger ;D

·
Registered
200 Posts
I looked at them when I first was looking at bikes, thought they were really nice just expensive (even used) but thought that I might upgrade to one of them eventually. Lets us know what you think of it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well so far I can tell you my insurance has doubled over the Ninja from $800 a year to $1600 a year, (that will drop next year by 40%, we have a funny LIC system here) and that is with riders plus, from what I have seen they are the lowest price for bikes in Ontario. having my INS double is really not that bad since the Ninja was vauled at $7100 and the VFR is just over $17,000 (replacement)

Reading the VFR fourms, guys report highway mileage around 400km/per tank (22L tank) I get around 300km on a tank with the 500 on the highway, on the highway the 800 works less and has EFI so its better on fuel. I've done over 340km on a tank running the side roads in and out of curves trying to keep up with my brother on his CBR600, they say the VFR milage drops off if you in and out of the VTEC range alot. I guess I'll find out next weekend

·
Registered
40 Posts
Cool congrats! As far as insurance in Ontario goes checkout State Farm if you have a clean record and also are willing to move a car over you may be able to save a few extra bucks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya I checked out state Farm they are alot cheaper once you have been with them for 3 years, but until that time the cost was out of this world

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
VFR! Definitely on the list of next bikes. State Farm has done real well for me. So far no complaints, of course I'm old and have all the cars with them.
They have the anniversary edition at the shop, they got 1. I believe the quote was 11k. Hard bags another k. Hmmm, this 500 looks better all the time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its home, only put about 100km on it before the rain started so its just a garage picture for now. Snapped on it a little too hard taking off and spun the back wheel, that will wake you up when your not ready for that to happen ??? :eek:

Its a very nice sounding bike nice thick growl to it but quite at speed until you pass 6400rpm and the V-TEC kicks in opening up those extra 8 valves.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
279 Posts
And I bet that thing will last forever too! You know it's going to when it's got a Honda motor in it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts