Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a good set of tires at a decent price, going to shop online and get a set, and pull the wheels and have the dealership put the tires on, hopefully save on both the price of tires and labor, any recommendations on an all around decent tire? and what size should i be looking for on a 92ex500?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i've got 100/90-16 in the front and 120/90-16 in the rear, is there anyway i can put a wider rear tire on? any good sites or tires to look for? going to try and have them ordered this week and installed next week

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Go to the homepage.

In search, enter "wide tires".... there are several threads w/ the info you seek.

·
Registered
530 Posts
First you need to define what "all around decent tire" means to you. Second, use google. Once you've decided what type of tire you're looking for it'll be a lot easier to narrow down your search. People's oppinions on tires tend to get pretty biased rather quickly, and generally don't have a whole lot of solid info behind them.. I was interested in more of a sport-tourer than what most people use on the EX, and picked up a set of Battlax BT45's to try out. So far I like them, but I hardly have any miles on them.

One thing I'd recommend is http://SWMototires.com great price and insane shipping speed. They're located in AZ and had my tires to me in about 2 days.. for free shipping you can't beat it with a stick.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I also have the BT45's on my bike, but they came on the bike when I bought it used. Considering this is my first motorcycle and I am a novice, I have no clue how well they are compared to other tires. I've heard good things about them, though. I think the first picture I posted of my bike over at ex500riders.com got a few comments such as "are those the battalax tires that came w/ your bike."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts