Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
07 Ducati SS800 '95 Ducati 900SS/SP '19 Honda CBR650R
16,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...in finding and ordering a carbon fibre tank protector for my Terblanche era '07 SS800 Ducati. Shipping all the way from the UK @ $68 total (shipping included), I'm in no rush whatsoever. Thinner than the stocker, closer fitting to tank (thus increasing comfort via lessening reach to bars)

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

replacing this:
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Tanker Clown
8,779 Posts
Oh my……that looks nice..REALLY nice. Score. Is that RSR Carbon?

·
Administrator
16,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ ty. Stock seems to be disappearing as well...hence my "lucky" blurb.

·
Administrator
16,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUICK....already arrived to Queens, NY USPS distribution center

Reactions: ghostt

·
Administrator
16,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
tracking shows "out for delivery" today. Unreal...just 5 days from UK ....DURING Christmas season?

Update....now received.

·
Registered
769 Posts
That's fast. My gauge cluster took about 2 weeks, and that was way before Christmas. Most of my delay was customs and very slow US delivery handoff....suspecting the global shipping from Ebay is quite a slow route?

·
Administrator
16,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dunno, bought through ebay, but a very fast shipping time from UK vendor getting it out ASAP using Royal Mail>USPS.

Amazed, I left very positive feedback based on shipping time, haven't even installed as yet.

·
Tanker Clown
8,779 Posts
Wow. That’s awesome. Whom did you order from in the UK? RSR Carbon?

·
Administrator
16,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, a vendor named "trackdaytyres". I have no idea who the builder is, no matter.

·
Administrator
16,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Went and done it today, a few other needs too. Replaced an oil temp thermistor, while there cleaned the oil strainer, did an oil /filter change and added a carbon front fender as well.

Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

·
Administrator
16,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
got to order stuff being produced for older models while still available . A carbon fibre "instrument surround" for my '95 900SS snagged today, $55 including shipping from UK. The foam padded original will just not last. Pic will follow when justified.

Reactions: FlipFlop

·
Tanker Clown
8,779 Posts
RSR Moto makes them still. Even if they’re out of stock when you look. There is a check box to be notified when the part is back in stock. I’ve used that and gotten a response in a couple weeks.

Both the front & rear fenders on my 93 SS resto mod are from them. The dash side covers also. A dash surround is next on my list as well once I’m ready to ride it. My foam pad is fairly well past it also.

Reactions: FlipFlop

·
Administrator
16,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yup, absolutely get 'em while they're hot.

You recently move to Canada, Sean?

·
Tanker Clown
8,779 Posts
You recently move to Canada, Sean?
Just for a day!

On a 3 week East Coast wander about kinda thing. Few goals on places & family to see. Had originally planned to drive down from ME through RI & CT to get the LI Ferry across. Figured I’d drop by and get you lunch & a beer.

Wife decided a couple days before we head to the airport that we were going to see Niagara Falls instead….then going to Canada to get some Icewine. This we did. Now we’re heading to VA to visit my sisters and then on to the Outer Banks to the Wright Brothers monument.

Pretty tired…exhausted TBH. Gonna take a break somewhere in PA just to rest.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
As to quick service, a couple of years ago, I placed an order with RaceboltUK for some stainless bits. Exactly seven days from mouse click to arrival on the US west coast. Apparently, we have excellent postal arrangements with the UK.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts