Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
old ones
Front: OE bridgestone exedras. dry rotted, and worn to the bars.
Rear:130/80-17 Battlax GT45R. bald in the center, fair amount left on edges (burnouts?!)

new ones, oe size F & R Pilot Activs.

OMFG!! i have to relearn the entire bike now. it just dives into the corners like no ones business. i havent ridden them too hard, for the break in, and im inexperienced, but WOW! just turns with ease. i always read that if you look where you are headed (thru the corner), thats where you will end up. it didnt fully work that way on the old tires (prob. due to the large contact patch in the rear?). Its 100 true now. its just awesome. im smiling ear to ear as i type.

on a side note, i had a new chain, and rear sprocket put on (front was wrong, ordering new one from kawi), and had the brake fluid flushed (fluid flush was FREE for some reason.) Its a different bike. it accelerates SO VERY smooth!! theres no noise. just love it now! as soon as my clutch cable gets here, i'll be good for summer, with the exception of routine maint, and fueling!!

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Nothing like new tires to give you confidence! You are right about the break-in.
Helps keep you "sunny-side-up" instead over "over-hard."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts